Weird things only poultry people get.

Pics
As pretty and common as names like Katrina or Casey are, I rather like more unusual ones, such as Gail or Monica.
Lily, Catherine, Ann, Holly....
Well, with that random bit of randomness, who else has twenty or more birds and has named all of them? And can tell them apart?
I have... three guineas, five roosters, thirteen hens, and two small pullet chicks. All are named.
What do you guys think -- have I lost it? In my mind, I never had "it" to begin with.

As pretty and common as names like Katrina or Casey are, I rather like more unusual ones, such as Gail or Monica.
Lily, Catherine, Ann, Holly....
Well, with that random bit of randomness, who else has twenty or more birds and has named all of them? And can tell them apart?
I have... three guineas, five roosters, thirteen hens, and two small pullet chicks. All are named.
What do you guys think -- have I lost it? In my mind, I never had "it" to begin with.
Nah, I name everything. you know my tonsils I lost when I was 6 had a name, so I don’t find people naming living animals weird at all.

Nah, I name everything. you know my tonsils I lost when I was 6 had a name, so I don’t find people naming living animals weird at all.
Ah, yes, the tonsils. Lovely names those things have, am I right?
Okay, just wanted another opinion. Thanks.
If you'll excuse me, I'm still hunting for my long-lost marbles... I wonder if they're in the coop.

I name the my dogs, cats, horses, and coons. My cattle and chickens only really get a group name. The cattle I call the noisy bodies and the chickens are the peanut gallery.
Wait, you name raccoons??? Do you have pet raccoons, cause that would make a lot more sense then naming random ones you saw in your yard.

Back
Top Bottom