Went home and... SURPRISE!!!

I feel like I'm on adrenaline overload. This has just all been so exciting. Hopefully I'll have at least another 1 or 2 new chicks in the morning. If not, that's okay. I have the 3, and I'm happy.

I could get some, but they wouldn't be very good because of the veiwing window. I figured I would wait until the morning when I move her into the brooder. She REALLY wants to be with the humans, though. When she sees me or hears me, she starts chirping at the top of her lungs & tries to climb up into the water containers to get closer to me. I wound up taking wads of paper towels and putting them in the containers, hoping that if she does crawl up in there, she will be able to get some footing and not drown. She'll be staying in there over night, and I'm so afraid of finding her floating in the morning...

The first 2 are named Sonny and Cher. I don't have a name for this one yet, but I'm thinking Demon. It's in the incubator pipping out all the other chick's eggs. I guess at least I can see movement in the 3 she has pipped or assisted in pipping, lol.

Happy, that's AWESOME!!! I'm glad your chicks' are doing so great.
celebrate.gif
I think I need to give in and let myself fall asleep now, though. I have to be up in 4 hours for work, and we're getting ready to get hit with a nice ice storm tomorrow. Yay. I was born in a blizzard, guess it makes sense to have another nasty winter storm when I turn 29... Again. lol

Please post some pictures if you're able. I would really love to see everyone else's new babies, too.

Back
Top Bottom