I've had too many great hatches where the humidity never got below 60% the entire time. The air cell and membranes can handle a pretty wide range of climates. Broodies hatch eggs in both Arizona and Florida just fine. The only time I've seen big losses from humidity is with a sudden, drastic change after pipping.

One hatched! :wootJust as I had given up all hope one of them actually did! I hate that I had eight to begin with and only one success, but I will do better next time. Thank you everyone for the advice and tips! It will help with my next hatch for sure.

One hatched! :wootJust as I had given up all hope one of them actually did! I hate that I had eight to begin with and only one success, but I will do better next time. Thank you everyone for the advice and tips! It will help with my next hatch for sure.
My very first attempt back in 2014 was awful, thankfully my only awful one. One survivor out of 17 viable eggs going into lockdown. Fixed my thermometer issues, learned about humidity and lowered it, nothing but success after that.

Back
Top Bottom