Rhymes with 'henn'
11 Years
Jun 14, 2008
South Puget Sound
My hobbies are very seasonal:

April-August is gardening
August-September is canning
October-March is knitting

My canning & gardening are about done for the year ...
wee.gif
... so I've pulled out the knitting needles again. I commute by bus for 2 hours daily and can get at least an hour in daily.

1) I'm working on a pair of mittens for my mom to match the scarf I made her last year. I'll post pics soon. The cuff is multi-colored Italian wool with a gold thread in it. The mitt will be fuzzy chenille in lavendar.
2) I also need to wind the yarn I bought on ebay (hand painted worsted merino wool from Uraguay, seller is "100purewool"... gorgeous stuff!) into a ball. It's in a knotted skein right now. That yarn will eventually become a hat for my brother.

Which project I work on tonight on the bus depends on whether I see any of my chatty friends. Hard to read a new pattern, talk, and knit. Easy to wind a ball & talk.

What are you knitting now?

Okay knitting gurus... The community ed center in my town is offering a knitting class for $20, this includes a set of needles, two skeins of yarn (my choice of colors) and the expertise of an instructor. Is this a good deal?

Quote:
Not bad - depends on the type of yarn and needles, but I'd say those two will be around a $10 value, so the other $10 will be for instruction - how long is the class?

I'm working on my own design of a knitted in the round reusuable gift bag. I'll post photos once I'm done. Only a few more rows and have to go buy some pretty ribbon for it then I'm done.

I don't knit, but my mom does. She is looking for a pattern for neck warmers. Does anyone know where I can find a free pattern for these?
Apparently, these aren't really scarves (I asked that).

Quote:
You just have to make it round enough to fit over the head and then keep on knitting till its long enough.
I made one on a round knitting loom, with eyelash type yarn, turned out really cute but not WARM!
big_smile.png

A google search will bring up a ton - I have some sites bookmarked, but on my other computer.

I've seen some neck warmers that are just knitted flat and joined up with a button or two - those look really nice and a little more fancy!

Back
Top Bottom