What did you do in the garden today?

Wow, I didn't know you could grow peach trees that far north. @BReeder! what variety are you growing if you don't mind me asking? I'll pop it on my list of fruit trees to try once we've got land of our own.
Honestly, I don't remember. I purchased it from Walmart. I ferment the tag saying "super sweet". It might be an Elberta. That's one variety that I know its hardy to zone 5. There are others though.

Did you know your peppers are perennial? I keep peppers especially habanero and hot peppers for years. In winter they come indoors in a pot in the hydroponic setup.
A lot of methods to keep them indoors over winter and benefit is you harvest in may, or all year if you keep them warm under bright lights.

I leave mine outside but they lived maximum 3 years. eggplants are perennial too. some people around here have them as shrubs.

Speaking of blossoms, I think this is THE year for my peach tree. I believe there are flower bugs on the branches. It's still dormant, but should start its Spring awakening in a few weeks. I've waited the years now for peaches, so I'll be SO HAPPY if it blooms and bares fruit.

I love peaches but they live maximum 3 years in my hot and dry climate.

rain and wind today very frustrating ,going to start sweet potatoes today never done them before .also make some paper pots so i can transfer plants straight into garden without much disturbance.just realised i have no leeks in my seed collection must get some sat when i go to town ,i love growing my own leeks .If every thing grows like i hope i might have to get another freezer next autumn .

Back
Top Bottom