What did you do in the garden today?

Lots today. Bought a hose sprayer and filled it with fish fertilizer and fed everything I could reach with the hose. Pinched off tomato suckers and wilted branches that started turning yellow. I do the Florida Weave, so I added another level for that. Pollinated a couple more silks on the corn. Moved the pea netting to the bush beans cuz some just wanna lay down so Im hoping this will help hold them up. I actually have enough beans for a meal! (For one, lol) I feel like i did more, but maybe just because it took so long 🤣

1657806215216.png
Very cool picture!

I need to look up a designer pickle recipe... 😂 I made Dill pickles last year. They weren't bad but not anything that DH went crazy for... I made bread and butter pickles a few weeks ago. Everyone has LOVED those... Now I've got about a dozen cukes. I would like to make DH a spicy pickle... I look at unusual flavors similar to what Starbucks did with coffee... Turned it from plain Jane black coffee to designer coffee with complex recipes. So I need to find the pickle equivalent... 🤔

Noooo! Ok, cucumber hating people. I need to send you all gifts of delicious cucumbers. Pickles, cucumber dill salad, cucumber tomato feta salad, salsa....I need to show you the way of the cucumber, someone has mislead you! :lau
OH I grow them, use them in salads, use them in water, make pickles etc with them, but they are GROSS and I won't eat them.

This has been an odd gardening day. I have a chicken named Henny penny... she is a favorite because she was poorly as a chick, and then beat up when slightly older(she 9-10 ish weeks now)...so we are kinda buddies I guess. Anyway I have a gigantic straw gardening hat (36 inch brim) I wore it today because I'm on meds...and there I am minding my buisness picking zucchini and peppers and BAM! 3 or 4 pound Rhode island red Henny lands on my hat 🤣 I wasn't expecting a chicken interested in gardening...she got a small cucumber for her efforts.
You looked like a nest.

Only bright red things I've seen in my garden are lady bugs and this guy:

1657937196353.png

I had leaned down really close because I thought I'd seen something red and was idly thinking it was a lady bug. Dang I jumped back fast. Didn't want him on my face. Jumping spiders are cute, but at three feet away.

Gave a little water to anything that looked wilty.

Back
Top Bottom