What is my female mallard doing??

Alicia0795

Chirping
5 Years
Jul 21, 2014
So the last couple of days, my female Mallard as been walking around weird like. She sticks her neck out and just walks/runs around. This is a constant thing. Not sure why. I will try and get a video up of her doing it. If anyone has any clue of what i am talking about. Inform me! lol

So the last couple of days, my female Mallard as been walking around weird like. She sticks her neck out and just walks/runs around. This is a constant thing. Not sure why. I will try and get a video up of her doing it. If anyone has any clue of what i am talking about. Inform me! lol
I think we need a video have you felt up and down her neck for anything stuck? Is she eating and drinking normal?

yes she is eating and drinking normal. It wont let me upload unless it is youtube but i do have a picture of her. She has been acting weird lately, don't know if its just the season or what. She is usually a quiet duck but recently she has been quacking loud! (like my pekin ducks!) who knows. I do not think neck is messed up. She will walk around like this and sometimes she act like she is in water and bow her head and act like she is throwing water on herself like ducks will do in water. anyways, here is the picture..

yes she is eating and drinking normal. It wont let me upload unless it is youtube but i do have a picture of her. She has been acting weird lately, don't know if its just the season or what. She is usually a quiet duck but recently she has been quacking loud! (like my pekin ducks!) who knows. I do not think neck is messed up. She will walk around like this and sometimes she act like she is in water and bow her head and act like she is throwing water on herself like ducks will do in water. anyways, here is the picture..
How old is she? her behavior makes me think broody or just coming into sexual changes.

Here with my Muscovy's breeding season is over but they have been chasing each other around acting all weird like a few of my females chase the other females with their necks stretched out.Have you noticed her doing this with another female?

I haven't seen her doing it to another female but she has been doing the mating head bob to my males. (Which she normally doesn't do that) She has a "husband" as i call it, which is our one male mallard that she follows around and sleeps with at night and that is the only male that she would head bob to, now she does it to my other males. Anyway, she is about 3 years old

My mallard girls have been doing this in the water. I don't know what exactly it means but it has to do with finding partners and stuff. She looks really funny in the picture

I haven't seen her doing it to another female but she has been doing the mating head bob to my males. (Which she normally doesn't do that) She has a "husband" as i call it, which is our one male mallard that she follows around and sleeps with at night and that is the only male that she would head bob to, now she does it to my other males. Anyway, she is about 3 years old

My mallard girls have been doing this in the water. I don't know what exactly it means but it has to do with finding partners and stuff. She looks really funny in the picture
Then maybe it is some kind of mating ritual getting pared up for next breeding season?

Yes lol. I also heard drakes make a whistling noise while they were performing a dance in the water. That was super weird and the ladies didn't seem impressed

Back
Top Bottom