What the government didn't tell you about your stimulus payment...

If you choose to electronically file and got a RAL(Refund Anticipation Loan) even if that was via direct deposit, you will get a paper check, which are being cut and sent out last.
The last of the checks will be sent out July 4th(ironic or sad, you choose)

I am not expecting anything back. My husband owes on his student loan and I am sure they will suck up the check to pay that.
We might end up having to "dump" our house and move in with my mom. I just dont see how we are going to make it with the way the country is going to pot.

we were to get ours on May 9th and so far nothing and when I checked on it...they had no information??? They sure get enough info when we owe them!
You all know the gov. spent $42.8 million dollars to send out notification that we were getting a stimulus check?? That should be a crime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How do you say "STUPID"??
H&R block did ours and it was direct deposit. If anyone who hasn't gotten theirs on May 9th, and does finally hear something...please post the info.

The whole rebate is nothing but politics. The only way the government can help
the economy is to stay the heck out of it and lower taxes. PERIOD. Even Bill
Clinton understood that and so does his wife, and probably his interns.

We got the full $1500 for a married couple with one kid and we made good money
the last couple years.

Sorry to all that didn't do as well as expected.

**edited to remove inflammatory remarks**
from the rules
3. No Flaming (verbally attacking people or groups of people - e.g. a profession, an organization, a company.)

Last edited by a moderator:
We would have gotten $1500, if I wasn't a stay at home mom.
hmm.png
As is, we got the $1200, and it was (unfortunately) long gone before it even got here, but we are thankful for it, either way.

We got a used Simplicity garden tractor with dual hydraulic and PTO, plus a blade and a snowblower, and chains. It'll be awful useful this winter plowing out our 1/8 mile lane. There went $1000.

We took $60 and went out yard saling, and got a ton of good, used clother for the kids, plus a couple dozen canning jars, then had lunch at Ponderosa.

The rest went into the gas tank and bills.

Em

Quote:
I didn't even get my notification until 3 days AFTER I got my stimulus payment! You're right. It was a HUGE waste of money.
smile.png

Last edited:
I couldn't believe they got away with that!! That was money that could have been well spent elsewhere.

Well I filed Direct Deposit back in Feb and today they updated the irs.gov site and my stimulus payment is less thatn what I was supposed to get. This is what my print out says..... " Your Stimulus payment was reduced based on your 2007 qualifying income, or it was limited to the amount of youe 2007 Income TAx Liability. And they are mailing my check instead of Direct Depositing it into my account. Now tell me that doesn't suck. My futher DH got 600.00 and he is single and makes more money than me has no dependents and still got the same thing I will be getting. How do people that make miore money get more?

EDited mine should have been on the 9th and they are mailing mine.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom