Votes: 1 3.1%
  • English pouter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • German Modena

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Jacobin

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
have to go with my parlor tumblers, as they are far out weighing the birminghams ect even in performance, friendliness, ease to handle and catch whenever want to, and that they can be enjoyed right in front of elderly, disabled, and children, and kept in closed spaces that would make me feel guilty of keeping birds that need to be let out to fly, yet are going to cause conflict, and be harassed by BOPs ect.. for fliers i prefer my bigger better and hard to catch close kitting flying flights to let out and chase hawks off (nothing funnier than a swarm of flights scaring a BOP into the side of the building ect, and chasing out of territory, though two have a couple times cut them but not ablr to single any out to eat, except young slow mixes). im fast liking my chinease owls, and had one get out but get idea to come back in smart enough and was nice to see it fly free, though wouldnt kit with my birms as hoped. love to watch the coop tumblers, but they take off far and wide like jets and not so great in open to try to keep track of, though great cooped up and perform well then for my bad eys to enjoy.

I'll go with Taganrog Tumblers, they are calm, easy to handle and great show birds. My second choice would be Altenburg Trumpeters, they have a great disposition and In my opinion have the best voice of the voice pigeons.

I like the White Homing Pigeons best. My grand daughter and I are trying to starting a dove release business in our area. She helps me with the birds and it is something we share an interest in. She has experienced love, loss, worry, responsibility, first aid, birth, pride, happiness, and more all from being involved with these doves. The farthest toss we have done to date has been about 60 miles. The birds made it home before we did.

It has became an interesting subject for class assignments for her. She only 12 and has become a very good public speaker because of this small venture (class assignments and approaching wedding venues and funeral homes to solicit business.) We also did a dove release at her school to support the anti bullying campaign. Those campaigns have become more and more prevalent over the last few years. It has become our unique way of giving notice and support to an on going problem.

On another note I am trying to secure some white Indian fantails. I found some lovely birds at good prices but the shipping amounts more to what I am currently willing to pay. Seems like there are not that many bird brains I know of in my immediate area (New Brunswick Canada). Hoping some one near me sees this post with the right birds. Here is a Champion Indian fantail just to give reference (Note the muffed feet and the tufted head).

Last edited:
have to go with my parlor tumblers, as they are far out weighing the birminghams ect even in performance, friendliness, ease to handle and catch whenever want to, and that they can be enjoyed right in front of elderly, disabled, and children, and kept in closed spaces that would make me feel guilty of keeping birds that need to be let out to fly, yet are going to cause conflict, and be harassed by BOPs ect.. for fliers i prefer my bigger better and hard to catch close kitting flying flights to let out and chase hawks off (nothing funnier than a swarm of flights scaring a BOP into the side of the building ect, and chasing out of territory, though two have a couple times cut them but not ablr to single any out to eat, except young slow mixes). im fast liking my chinease owls, and had one get out but get idea to come back in smart enough and was nice to see it fly free, though wouldnt kit with my birms as hoped. love to watch the coop tumblers, but they take off far and wide like jets and not so great in open to try to keep track of, though great cooped up and perform well then for my bad eys to enjoy.

Are those the ones that roll around the floor. Apparently they can not fly. Is that true???

Are those the ones that roll around the floor. Apparently they can not fly. Is that true???

parlors can fly until mature quickly and come completely into their tumble or roll,but yes they are supposedly quickly grounded at a few months old, some say six for good one and young should be flown to strengthen and make them roll better. i just having gotten and setting some of their eggs, ill have to show what i find out first hand on that, as have eggs fostered under some flying roller pairs now, and plan to see how they do and log how long it takes them to come onto roll and become grounded, mature, and how good of fosters and parents they are.

the parlor tumblers jump up and or try to fly up to two feet off ground, but then roll one or two times hopefully landing in same spot on feet to american standards, and ones seen as kid will do it three times, but not accepted here, and any more than three flips usually just called bad quality parlor tumbler by most nowadays, though the differance is easily seen in performance. parlor rollers roll on the ground in circles or willy nilly all over, but true more often for competition roll straight backwards on the ground for 1 to 3 football field lengths! the parlor tumblers i have turns out are so parent oriented that they are now continously laying eggs on open metal grated cages and trying to set until i check under in evening and remove (they get ******.. lol so must mean would be great parents). im wondering if i should keep fostering eggs to just see what ill get out of them pairing off by selves till i seperate sexes in their new cages just bought but i need to get under way assembling, or just use them for pup and cat treats. anyone want parlor tumblers??? they need low cages/pens, and only tossed to or startled to flip on soft grass or carpet. one female in the to high cage right now temp keeps climbing up and jumping off scratching the heck out of eye ceres. twenty inches high is high enough for mature parlors.

beautiful white indian fantail! hope you find some, as only see black ones that pretty, and would like to work with a pair of those or indian fantasy someday.

Last edited:
Thanks for the insight laughingdog. None of those in my area that I am aware of. Heard of them but I just chalked most of it up to urban legend. They do sound like the perfect foster parents I might add. I am into white homing pigeons and have a pair of pouters for foster parents at present.My pouters could not find there way home from around the corner. To date my farthest toss with my white homers has been 60 miles (they made it home before us). Yes I know you had a car that ran like that too LOL.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom