Where to buy niacin supplements online in Canada?

PrettyCoolChicks

Songster
Mar 18, 2023
British Columbia, Canada
Wondering if there are any Canadians around with recommendations for where to purchase liquid niacin / vitamin b complex online? Are there any local brands you'd recommend? Or online stores in Canada that carry the US brands?

It doesn't look like amazon canada sells any of those brands, and searches always return human supplements or nothing at all on pet supply sites.

The brands of liquid B complex from the guide/sticky post seem easier to feed to my ducklings and much cheaper than the human supplements I'm giving them now (the not flush-free kind). If I have to, I could go to my local vet and pay for the consultation to have them order whatever supplement they may have access to for me, but that kind of defeats the purpose budget-wise...

@New duck mommy 2021 ? or
@Canadian Wind maybe you have some tips on this?

Last edited:
Thanks! That's indeed what i'm looking for but it says the product is "Currently unavailable. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock" - Is it just not available to me or is it out of stock at the moment for you as well? :confused:

I've basically searched for all the brands/products listed here Niacin Deficiency in Waterfowl on amazon and I either get no results (or rather results that are all tablets/caps for humans) or on a few occasions it's out of stock like this one. I also checked those brand's sites but most don't ship internationally, and the one that does has extensive disclaimers about it maybe not getting through customs so... not sure I want to risk that unless someone can confirm if it usually works.

So just following up in case it helps anyone else down the road, I ended up getting the 1kg b-vitamin pak from mad barn, which was discussed in a similar topic for geese. Closest I could find to a liquid b complex cattle injectable in canada, that doesn’t require shipping across borders.

Been using it several month now and it’s great. I only need to give a tablespoon daily for 2-3 ducks so it will last me a year, which is its shelf life after opening. The upfront cost is a bit high but it works out much cheaper compared to giving human vitamins or nutritional yeast. They shipped to my remote location no problem. And the powder is easy to mix in food or water - it is dextrose based, a tiny bit of silicate and for the rest it’s all vitamins. My ducks lap it up in no time in a cup of water or with their evening treat of soaked feed. Much less fuss to get it into them.

The only downside to this was getting a couple marketing emails that tried to sell me horse nutrition consulting, could be worse.

So just following up in case it helps anyone else down the road, I ended up getting the 1kg b-vitamin pak from mad barn, which was discussed in a similar topic for geese. Closest I could find to a liquid b complex cattle injectable in canada, that doesn’t require shipping across borders.

Been using it several month now and it’s great. I only need to give a tablespoon daily for 2-3 ducks so it will last me a year, which is its shelf life after opening. The upfront cost is a bit high but it works out much cheaper compared to giving human vitamins or nutritional yeast. They shipped to my remote location no problem. And the powder is easy to mix in food or water - it is dextrose based, a tiny bit of silicate and for the rest it’s all vitamins. My ducks lap it up in no time in a cup of water or with their evening treat of soaked feed. Much less fuss to get it into them.

The only downside to this was getting a couple marketing emails that tried to sell me horse nutrition consulting, could be worse.
Here's the link if anyone is interested:

https://madbarn.ca/product/b-vitamin-pak/

I did find this place out of Quebec
I have ordered the calcium /D3 for eggs as I have a girl struggling even though she has access to crushed oyster shells
Long story about her but we think Vitamin D issues that cause her not to absorb calcium
These products are all passed through health Canada
When I called the contact number the owner answered her phone and chatted with me
Was nice not to get some auto fake person
They have all kinds of things to help birds
They have a web page and also can purchase off Amazon. They also have 300 stores across Canada that carry the brand ( more smaller shops then big retail stores )
https://chicknswell.ca/en

I did find this place out of Quebec
I have ordered the calcium /D3 for eggs as I have a girl struggling even though she has access to crushed oyster shells
Long story about her but we think Vitamin D issues that cause her not to absorb calcium
These products are all passed through health Canada
When I called the contact number the owner answered her phone and chatted with me
Was nice not to get some auto fake person
They have all kinds of things to help birds
They have a web page and also can purchase off Amazon. They also have 300 stores across Canada that carry the brand ( more smaller shops then big retail stores )
https://chicknswell.ca/en
This is the vitamin one
Has niacin in it as well as many other vitamins

Attachments

• 88014752-6D2C-42DE-8EF1-F279B9116D5F.png
    88014752-6D2C-42DE-8EF1-F279B9116D5F.png
    905.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 2C0F45B3-8107-4B09-BD84-73E867FE0947.png
    2C0F45B3-8107-4B09-BD84-73E867FE0947.png
    391 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom