Which breed is your favorite/ VERY nice?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Chicken Frenzie, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Chicken Frenzie

Chicken Frenzie Chicken Whisperer

Nov 2, 2010
    This Spring were getting three more chickens.. YAY! But my mom and dad say they want an all white one.. so I found Leghorns. Are they nice? and I found some cool looking ones! ^^ But which ones are nice and get along great with poeple, chickens and love to be cuddled?

2. cletus the rooster

cletus the rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

are you talking about the leghorns or just white birds in general?im partial to the white rocks for an all white bird.

3. Majestic Lane Poultry

Majestic Lane Poultry Heart Strings Animal Rehoming

Feb 9, 2009
    Leghorns are not cuddly. I raise them.

White cochin girls are just about as sweet as they come.

4. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Quote:Agree 100%! My White Rocks are wonderful, friendly, curious ladies. I don't like Leghorns at all, they are flighty, aggressive and very standoffish(at least in my experience).

5. iluvmypoultry

iluvmypoultry Out Of The Brooder

Oct 4, 2010
    I have 5 white leghorns. They are very friendly birds, but if pampered too much, they become extremely entitled. [​IMG] The one I handled the most squacks whenever she wants to be held or let out. But, she is also very smart. I've managed to clicker train her in a way. She even comes when called. I think it really depends on how much you handle and raise them yourself.

6. acid_chipmunk

acid_chipmunk Polish Silkies d'Uccles O my!

Mar 29, 2010
    My silkies are the cuddliest and they are gorgeous in white.

7. Kovalciks Chickens

Kovalciks Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2009
    Richmond, Michigan
    do they have to be all white? Japs are really nice but they aint the greatest in the cold.

8. TK Poultry

TK Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    There are white Ameraucanas and Ameraucanas are the GREATEST!

9. TheFeatheredTempest

TheFeatheredTempest Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2010
    NW Illinois
    d'uccles!!!

They come in white, are super sweet, cold hardy, and mine are good layers too

10. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Quote:Ditto on that. Ameraucanas come in white, and are VERY friendly and pet-like, especially the roosters. The only downside is that if you only want to order chicks from a hatchery or get them from a feedstore, you won't find white Ameraucanas there. [​IMG]

Otherwise - Leghorns are anything but friendly and cuddly.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by