White Orpingtons :)

Just a pet project should I continue?

• mabey

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Slate shanks are recessive, and the id gene (dermal melanin) is sexlinked, so a white-legged roo over a dark-legged hen should make all white shanks. Should. The genetics are a often little more complicated than that.

Assuming your D.White roo is entirely dominant white, he'll produce all white offspring. They'll have a few black feathers because they won't have inherited D.white from their mothers. The recessive white will not affect their colouring, as they'll only have one copy of it.
Wasnt sure if I would get suprise colors or not :) I assume these two rec. are from my splash hen and a splash rooster. I purchased the other three from a breeder they are white legged. And the three are two hens and a rooster btw Thanks so much for your help.

Don't worry about starting a new thread..

This thread has already been moved.

My Silver-laced produced the Recessive Whites. If you breed them to Silver-laced, I'm not sure what you'll get as you don't know what the recessive white is covering up. but if you breed those back to the recessive whites, you'll get recessive white again.

thank you, now if I can figure out how to do that lol My first post
No worries - we all try and help out :)

This is a useful link to take a look at - “How to...” guides. You may wish to consider including your location under your avatar (using the guide in the link above). You can use this link to contact members in your area - U.S. States

Best wishes

Pork Pie

Back
Top Bottom