Whiting True Blue Chat Thread!

I love mine now that she's matured, she was a skitso when she was young but a lovely lady now😉Good looking roo! Have you hatched any chicks?

I have! But I’ve sold them all to friends so far. Demand has outstripped supply, but I plan to set some for us soon.

2CD9C87D-2773-48A6-BD65-5E98B68ADDBB.jpeg

Attachments

• 20210430_175008.jpg
    20210430_175008.jpg
    854.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 20210430_175024.jpg
    20210430_175024.jpg
    831.6 KB · Views: 6
I've had WTBs & WTGs a few years ago ... The WTGs laid every day while the WTBs about 4 -5 in a week, they do slow down during our 'winter' months also. I just finished raising a friends chick order from McMurray, I got to keep 2 WTBs and a Black Star. Looking forward to fresh eggs this Fall ...

Attachments

• 2021 Trio - 0515.jpg
    2021 Trio - 0515.jpg
    354.7 KB · Views: 3
I just came across this thread and thought I’d share some pictures of my WTBs. I’ve had them for about a year and a half now. They have pros and cons but I definitely like them more as they’ve aged. As chicks and teens they were so flighty I was wishing I’d not gotten them. I purchased 15 - seven turned out to be boys. We narrowed the boys down to the two with the best temperaments and coloring, then down to the one we named Joseph because of his coat of many colors. 😆. He’s a great roo and has an excellent disposition. I have two little girls who are out in the yard with the chickens and never once had any issues. The rest of the boys were all versions of white with random brown splotches (not very nice looking) and one we called Red because he was, well, mostly red. 🤣 He had an odd floppy comb we didn’t like the look of so he lost out to Joseph in the “Who gets to stay and pass on his genetics?” battle.
The girls are a variety of colors and some are quite beautiful. They lay large for their size eggs and are just small birds. I can’t say how much they eat for sure because they’re in a mixed flock with larger birds and free range most of the day. They’ve calmed down dramatically as they’ve aged and I no longer have to clip everyone’s wings (I have a chicken hating neighbor 😑). My biggest issues with them is that they completely stopped laying in the winter, despite their young age (my Orpingtons the same age laid all winter) and they’re too small to make good meat birds when I hatch out too many boys.

Pullet (our favorite coloring)
View attachment 2667597

Bunch of boys:
View attachment 2667599

View attachment 2667600

Joseph and some of his girls:
View attachment 2667601

Red:
View attachment 2667602

Joseph:
View attachment 2667603
View attachment 2667605
Absolutely awesome birds. My WTBs are almost 6 weeks. Boy can they fly. They will eat out of my hands but they are sooo skittish.

I've had WTBs & WTGs a few years ago ... The WTGs laid every day while the WTBs about 4 -5 in a week, they do slow down during our 'winter' months also. I just finished raising a friends chick order from McMurray, I got to keep 2 WTBs and a Black Star. Looking forward to fresh eggs this Fall ...
That's crazy, my WTB has gone 13 days straight laying. I'm happy you got some new littles♥️

I just received 5 WTB from Murray McMurray Hatchery, along with 22 other chicks. The chicks are all healthy and doing great, except one Black Minorca who was lost and trampled in the delivery. I am excited to get them, and hope mine lay as well as a friend's do! He reports they lay beautiful large blue eggs, as well as his white leghorns or his Hybrids lay eggs!

Back
Top Bottom