Who has a problem peeling boiled eggs?

Just do three or four to ease your doubting mind.............lol. Follow the instructions, boiling water, cold eggs, 11-12 minutes, dump out boiling water and rinse with COLD water a minute or two, crack and peel.....................then get back on here and report your success!!!!!

Don't forget to inspect your yolk and tell us about it. Is it green or grey? No? Bright yellow and fluffy, right?!!

old.gif

I hope so....the science doesn't make sense, but I'd love to be wrong!

Charlindabob.....YOU ROCK MY WORLD!!!!!!!

I did 4 eggs, rolling boil for 13 minutes, eggs were ~ one week old, large size. After the boil, I moved them to a small stainless bowl of ice cubes, shook the bowl to crack the eggs, filled with cold water to cover, waited 2 minutes. Shell couldn't wait to come off - never in my life have I peeled an egg & the membrane with such ease - huge pieces sliding right off. Even my 9 year old was amazed, because peeling boiled eggs usually "makes you say naughty stuff under your breath". Then the last test - I cut one open, no sulfur ring. SWOON!!!

I took a picture. Then we ate 'em. Thank you!

Charlindabob.....YOU ROCK MY WORLD!!!!!!!

I did 4 eggs, rolling boil for 13 minutes, eggs were ~ one week old, large size. After the boil, I moved them to a small stainless bowl of ice cubes, shook the bowl to crack the eggs, filled with cold water to cover, waited 2 minutes. Shell couldn't wait to come off - never in my life have I peeled an egg & the membrane with such ease - huge pieces sliding right off. Even my 9 year old was amazed, because peeling boiled eggs usually "makes you say naughty stuff under your breath". Then the last test - I cut one open, no sulfur ring. SWOON!!!

I took a picture. Then we ate 'em. Thank you!

What? You're not skeptical anymore?...lol. Took me a lifetime to figure it out. Wasn't that yolk just beautifully yellow? Just think how easy deviled eggs will be to make now?

old.gif
ya.gif

Last edited:
So glad I found this thread!!

my pullets just started laying onTuesday. Four eggs today!

I've heard fresh eggs are impossible to peel.

Do I understand your correctly? After boiling the eggs but before running them under cold water, you crack the shell?

I'll be trying your method tomorrow morning and will surely report back.

Last edited:
So glad I found this thread!!

my pullets just started laying onTuesday. Four eggs today!

I've heard fresh eggs are impossible to peel.

Do I understand your correctly? After boiling the eggs but before running them under cold water, you crack the shell?

I'll be trying your method tomorrow morning and will surely report back.
I run under cold water and then crack, but cracking first might be ok, I just haven't done it, but according to the above post it must work as well. Try two eggs cracking before and two cracking after the cold water bath and let us know.

old.gif

What? You're not skeptical anymore?...lol. Took me a lifetime to figure it out. Wasn't that yolk just beautifully yellow? Just think how easy deviled eggs will be to make now?

old.gif
ya.gif
Not anymore. But I *AM* confused as to why it works. There should be a sulfur ring from the rapid boiling - the high temp and agitation is what forces the sulfur to the edges of the yolk. I'm guessing the constant agitation is what helps loosen the membrane from the white. But WHATEVER!!! I am just thrilled it worked. I don't know that I'll ever make deviled eggs - my family loves boiled eggs so much they never last that long - my son was bummed that I only made 4, and has already asked for boiled eggs for breakfast..

Not anymore. But I *AM* confused as to why it works. There should be a sulfur ring from the rapid boiling - the high temp and agitation is what forces the sulfur to the edges of the yolk. I'm guessing the constant agitation is what helps loosen the membrane from the white. But WHATEVER!!! I am just thrilled it worked. I don't know that I'll ever make deviled eggs - my family loves boiled eggs so much they never last that long - my son was bummed that I only made 4, and has already asked for boiled eggs for breakfast..

Your post warms this old mans heart. I am glad you are happy with the boiled eggs and hope you and your children enjoy!

old.gif

Put a pot of water on your stove and bring to a rolling boil.
Remove eggs from your refrigerator and using a large spoon gently put the cold eggs in boiling water.
You may cover if you wish and boil 11 minutes for soft boiled or 15 for harder boiled eggs.
When your time is up remove and drain and run cold water over eggs for a minute or two.
I peel them under a bit of running water but not necessary.
Even if an egg cracks when you put it in boiling water, it will still peel very easily.
Not many even crack though, maybe one out of a dozen, but it is still good.

I just did this and it worked absolutely perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Put a pot of water on your stove and bring to a rolling boil.
Remove eggs from your refrigerator and using a large spoon gently put the cold eggs in boiling water.
You may cover if you wish and boil 11 minutes for soft boiled or 15 for harder boiled eggs.
When your time is up remove and drain and run cold water over eggs for a minute or two.
I peel them under a bit of running water but not necessary.
Even if an egg cracks when you put it in boiling water, it will still peel very easily.
Not many even crack though, maybe one out of a dozen, but it is still good.

I just did this and it worked absolutely perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!
When I learned this method I was so happy and I couldn't wait to share my experience! I just learned it myself. My wife just peeled 2 dozen eggs for deviled eggs for a party tomorrow and she is thrilled she can peel the eggs in no time at all. I make a lot of pickled eggs and I ALWAYS had my wife peel them (she has so much more patience than me) or my mother-in-law who lives with us, and now I need no help and prefer to do it myself because I am just so pleased with the results.

I had tried every method under the sun and nothing was darn near fool-proof. IF you didn't have the occasional cracked egg when you put them in boiling water, this method would be 100% fool-proof.

I'm glad you had a positive experience!

old.gif

I put a splash of oil in my water. They shells just fall off. I've always ran my eggs under cold water after they were boiled. I didn't see a big difference, but the oil works wonders!

Back
Top Bottom