wild cats.

I have had problems with domestic cats and a wildcat that lives locally, but I don't know the name in English. We also have huge black panthers, but some don't believe it. Pssss!! Its true
duc.gif

If the cat I saw comes here again, I just hope all he takes is a chicken. I'm sure it could seriously injure me.....maybe kill me......my kids would be easy. Thats why I want my whole yard done up like my coop.

Quote:
We had a very large black cat around the farm I grew up on. I knew what I was looking at- But Ive always been afraid to call it a panther as no-one wanted to believe it- until they had seen it too.

My Mom told me a few years ago that a decomposing body of a large feline was found in the hills. It was sent to a zoo for tests- but no report was ever released.

I thought I was safe in the suburbs- But still lost a duck to a stray feral cat.

We have eastern cougars, bobcat, lynx (rare) and we support a colony of ferals. The ferals are a true gift, we have no rodents. But we keep them separated from the hens. The place is so predator-rich that we are set up to protect...
cool.png

Certain parts of the US are reported to have Jaguar, which are gold & black, but sometimes all black. Mountain lions can occasionally be found in black, but it is rare. A lesser known fact is the exotic pet industry produces large amounts of leopards, jaguar, lions, tigers. A lot of these cats are released or escape the often inadequate housing these stupid people keep them in. I myself have seem a medium/small sized black panther. It was a bit bigger than a bobcat but black with a long thick tail like you see on cats like leopards. The good news is that most of these "panthers" don't survive long in the wild (they don't know how to hunt) and are so shy that they seldom cause problems for humans.

Back
Top Bottom