Will they be okay!!

Dalylah

Chirping
Jul 27, 2020
So I have 5 laying hens and 2 chicks that are around 16 weeks old. They are in separate coops for now until they catch up in size. My hens are well taken care of by me. Mealworms, daily fruit salads, and of grouse food and water sources. My 16 week olds have one food source and one water source, and I have been a TERRIBLE owner to them!!! They ran out of their food 3 days ago but all the feed stores are closed for the holidays, so I had no choice but to give them some of the hens crumble food. Hope that’s okay for them! So I gave that to them the day before yesterday but not a lot only like a hand full because I didn’t know if it was okay for them, then yesterday something happened so I was out all day and had to spend the night somewhere, then I was out all day today until I got home tonight and I realized that they have had NO FOOD since 2 days ago and no water since last night!!! Luckily it was not hot today but I feel terrible so I put their food and water in their box so they could eat and drink tonight. Should I be worried about their weight or overall health! Have they not been getting the nutrients they need from their food?!

They should be okay. I've done it before, realizing I forgot to give them food. Just try to remember in the future.
Give them some veggies and other treats to fatten them up and get you back on their good side:))).
The most important thing is water. Make they have access to fresh water always, though it won't HURT them, it really is not good for them to not have water for that long. Also, tensions will rise and bullying may start.
I hope this helps!

They should be okay. I've done it before, realizing I forgot to give them food. Just try to remember in the future.
Give them some veggies and other treats to fatten them up and get you back on their good side:))).
The most important thing is water. Make they have access to fresh water always, though it won't HURT them, it really is not good for them to not have water for that long. Also, tensions will rise and bullying may start.
I hope this helps!
Thank you so much!! This really helped me settle down😊 I sometimes let them out for 15 minutes during the day and the hens HATE THEM!! block them in a corner and make them terrified! Then I have to break it up. How can I get them to be nicer? Or is there really nothing I can do?

Back
Top Bottom