WIRELESS COOP CAM

chickawhat

Songster
Mar 29, 2020
Florence, TX
I asked my husband for a wireless coop cam to check up on my birds. This is not that. Can someone please recommend a wireless camera i can watch my birds with.

Attachments

• 70C703E3-A601-41C0-AA54-1500684E1FBF.jpeg
    70C703E3-A601-41C0-AA54-1500684E1FBF.jpeg
    401.5 KB · Views: 43
Wyze just started selling a battery operated wifi outdoor camera. It runs about $50 for the camera and base station. The base station can have up to 4 cameras attached to it.

I love my Wyze cameras. Have been using them for nearly 2 years. The new camera is the first outdoor rated camera Wyze has sold, however, with protection I have been using the indoor cameras outside without a problem. The cameras are easy to set up for even a technology challenged grandma.

I'm a big fan of Wyze cams, but only have experience with their amazing $20 models that do require electricity.

... that said, I bet you could get a cheap car battery, a 12v to 5v USB adapter, and power the thing for quite a while before having to charge the car battery.

I've run my Wyze cam off of a simple USB battery bank for over 2 days of recording.

... or go with the $50 wireless one ;)

Arlo has pretty good reviews (but isn't cheap):
https://amzn.to/2C6phpq

Wyze just started selling a battery operated wifi outdoor camera. It runs about $50 for the camera and base station. The base station can have up to 4 cameras attached to it.

I love my Wyze cameras. Have been using them for nearly 2 years. The new camera is the first outdoor rated camera Wyze has sold, however, with protection I have been using the indoor cameras outside without a problem. The cameras are easy to set up for even a technology challenged grandma.
Does it have notifications? I am trying to prevent raccoon carnage and I have employed all other techniques (successfully so far but raccoons learn).

Does it have notifications? I am trying to prevent raccoon carnage and I have employed all other techniques (successfully so far but raccoons learn).
My cameras can be set to make a notification to my phone. The phone beeps and I know the camera picked up motion or sound depending on how it is set.

I am so glad I don't have raccoons. They are much too smart. I battle skunks, fox, and a cougar goes by every couple years or so.

Back
Top Bottom