Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Whew! EL
droolin.gif
Got the weed barrier down today and was thinking about plantin! Somethin. Cool 8yr old wantin a weasie cap! Short tailed weasels? TO I haven't asked Donny anything about the big D I just let him talk and manage to make him laugh quite a bit. We are cut from the same cloth.
hugs.gif
That's scarey but I'm glad I can make him laugh! A lot! I know that he comes here just for an outlet and am glad that I can give him some solace and reassurance that it's gonna be OK! Today he showed up around 7:30 and that's a little early for him then when I saw him walk in with his left hand held out in a weird position I said JC do you miss her that much?
lau.gif
Turns out the 1800 lb red angus bull that he has in the barn tried to take a walk through the 2x6s and one snapped and threw him against an inside corner and it screwed up his shoulder, knocked his glasses off and put him on the barn floor. Nice welt on his face too! Not his bull and think it will be gone soon. Told him some time ago that if he was gonna do ANYTHING with him to call me first! He's too big to even be around especialy alone. One handsome SOB ...... Not Donny, the bull. Didn't help that there are 2 heifers in heat in the pasture. Need to spend more time with him to get him through... been there. BFF called a bit ago to tell me that him and Fred [Emily] went to an early crappie fishin spot and she caught [with a little help] a 27" walleye he got a pic so I'll share later. She's 7. That' so cool! Bigz L found out the other day that she now likes sauerkraut had to rearrange the garden layout.
ya.gif
Gonna get some use outta my crocks this year!
ya.gif
droolin.gif
On a bad note think the tranny on 6 yr old mower is shot. $ 800 in parts ? on labor. FT throw those GPS's away and get a map. Arkdale is my back yard! Dan did you happen to get eggs from TO? Those look awfully familiar! Waitin for a sunny day to post more of the same.
What? ! "on a bad note the tranny on 6 yr old mower is shot..." 1. I want to know why a transvestite was on your lawn mower... And... 2. Who shot him? Is this some new strange Gay pride/ Dallas show you're watching now...???

Oh BigFam that is too funny!

Hi all
I'm exhausted! Had to wake up at 5:30 this am and I'm paying for it! I got all caught up and have decided that instead of responding and blabbing, I'm going to bed......
I'll catch up with y'all tomorrow since I have to retype almost every word just so you can read this....
Noght...nghi....night all... sweet dreams

I am just hanging out here waiting for SOMEONE to type SOMETHING! I answered all the hatching questions...DH is dragging his feet about candling eggs...I cant use HIS flashlight...I might leave it on! (yeah I am two years old) he is watching basketball for the 19th hour today....I will be SO HAPPY when March is over....
So people...post something interesting will ya?
Thanks
hide.gif
Terri O

Well---it's cocktail hour!

Have you ever seen a dog with such concentration??? OMG--I just wish she could actually "see" like a normal dog! She would be so great for stock....she has permanently dilated pupils. Cant see a think when you go out on a bright day! So Tina doesnt care for sherry...while Tommy was totally excited the minute he saw the glass! He definately prefers a wine glass too...I had a regular one the other night and he hardly wanted a sip!

I candled the Foolish Hatch eggs...I had loaded up the turner knowing that there would be some that werent good. I tossed 6 guinea eggs and 5 from the barn flock and 2 from the coop...there are still a few that are lying on the turner instead of in it! You know if I wouldnt have overloaded it I would have tossed half! Just one more case of Murphy's Law.
OK--puttin' birdies away now and locking up...one of my torts never even came outside today...too chilly for her I guess.
I cant believe how tame Tina is...I have NEVER handled her...she is sitting right next to Tommy here on the chair arm. Must be that little topknot on her head....LOL!
Nighties! Terri O

ETA: Can you see Eli in the second pic? He is very mottled looking...his parents were a barred rock with some godld barring around her neck and a (I thought) barred rock roo...maybe the little roo in there got some action? He is kind of a splash blue barred thing....?

Last edited:
Hey EL--if you want those to come up you should put a clear cover over where you planted the seeds. Those herbs need REALLY warm soil to germinate. THe lettuce and spinach you could have planted directly out in the garden...they dont do so well as a transplant and LOVE this cool weather! I actually planted my lettuce a week ago and it was up by Wednesday! I couldnt believe that it sprouted that quickly. If we dont get a hard freeze again I think it will be a banner year for gardeners!
I dont know how BIgz stores his carrots but I think you store them in damp sand or sawdust? I will look in my handy book....BRB! Yup--that is what it says...a layer of sawdust, then carrots then sawdust. Or you can keep them right in the garden with layers of mulch on top so they dont freeze down. (I dont think I would try that in some of OUR winters though! It says get the late carrots in storage in October.

You know, I didn't even think about going ahead and putting out the lettuce and spinach. The tatsoi would be ok too. It's sort of an asian spinach that's really good mixed in with fresh salad greens. The main reason I didn't think about is because the garden still needs plowed again. It got plowed in the fall, but usually gets plowed again the spring. It especially needs a spring turning this year with the chicken litter scattered on it. I planted about 8 peas a week and a half ago out in a little side spot and they are really coming up! I was surprised! I found a few onions from last year too that didn't get pulled this past fall. :)

The chicks are looking very nice Dan! They know it too. That copper black male looks awesome too.

Hi Diva!

Where is BBP?

Yeay I need to go and start planting my salad and stuff. Could be a very good year!! I dig my garden with a spade. lol At least I got most of my ma nure moved. Now its time to clean the coop again. I do like MLH just a part at a time.

Good 5to be back in sconny,,,all the friendly faces.

Last edited:
What spoiled chickens! lol

That is such a cute picture,,s :)

I love the little moderns standing at attention in the aquarium....Is Eli the boy?

That dog is adorable too. (I have a slow computer today)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom