Woman embezzled $1.5 million. Put my husband out of job

Quote:
Yeap, that pretty much sounds exactly like her. Like I said she had built a mansion out of the company, and bought all high dollar stuff for it. I saw pictures when they were trying to sell it, it even had an actual movie theatre in. It's not her money so it doesn't matter to her. Just makes me sick all the lives she has ruined, and she's running around free!!! I just don't get it!!!

Quote:
Poor lady??? haha very funny

Yeah, she will probably get her Jordache jeans and Gucci blouse dirty doing that.

Well, I can relate to this. I had a successfull business for over 14 years. The last three I had invested back over 100,000, all my savings. Come to find out my manager had been stealing money the last three years, which was why it was loosing money. She even forged business and personal checks from my accounts. She would use a adding machine to ring up a large percentage of customers. I had to pay over 20,000 this past year to straighten out many thinks this person caused. She even maxed out credit cards of mine. She legally couldn't even get the balance of my accounts, but this didn't stop her. She even sold many things at the business that were not even for sale. She has done no jail time and I lost everything but my home. I have had to file a lawsuit against the bank for refusing to reimburse money in my account from the forged checks she wrote. She would go through all the mail and take out anything that might have awakened me to what was going on. I went through a year of sickness, and she really took avandage of this. Sadly, the criminals are protected. I will never see a dime of this money she stole and don't have the funds to restock the business now. I fully understand how you feel!

I am so sorry that happened to you, this woman was doing the same thing, intercepting the mail to take out the notices from the irs and other people they owed money to like the bonding company so no one would find out what she was doing. It really sucks that the criminals are the ones protected. She should be the one liable for what she was stealing, not the company! There is really something wrong with our justice system!

Quote:
Nobody ever said that you get your money back after being robbed. And when the "justice" system lets them go, with a slap on the wrist, because it is their first offense, you really get to swallow your pride too. Litigation is the OP's only hope for any real resolution. In many states, you can only garnish up to 10% of their yearly income so if she makes only $10 an hour, you get about $2000 a year, for ten years, to pay back the millions she stole.

I hope for the best. But I think this will end badly.

Like my mama used to say "trust is the first step to betrayal." Frequent audits are the way to go.

Rufus

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about that.
sad.png

Oooh this really burns me up.
somad.gif
I'm so sorry this happened to your family.

I hope she gets prosecuted to the full extent of the law, but I know that won't help your family's financial situation.

Really wish I had some good advice to give you, but all I can say is: Karma, Karma, Karma.

hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom