Worst gift ever?

This was actually for my baby shower, my well-meaning but clinically insane grandmother made me some maternity clothes (I was due in 4 weeks, btw) and told me, in front of all my friends and co-workers, "These are made from highly flammable material. Don't wear these around flames and for God's sake don't put them in the dryer!"

I ended up turning them into cleaning rags. I was half surprised they didn't spontaneously combust when I put Pledge on them

I got a great big Christmas decoration to put out in the yard (about 4ft tall). It was a wooden signpost with a reindeer on top and little wooden signs with all our names on it. It was really cute and well done.

We are Jewish.

a 2qt crock pot from my father in law when I have a family of 5 to feed.
barnie.gif
It's still in the box put away.
He gave his daughter a BIG crock pot, big enough to put 2 good size roasts in it, when it's just her and the boyfriend
he.gif

And no...it was not an accident gift mix up.

Last edited:
I had an aunt that would get my sister and I "Lanz of Salzburg" flannel nightgowns every year when we were in our teens. They are floral granny gowns with lace around the yolk and cuffs... not exactly what my 16 yo self was into!

My second husband asked what I wanted "something silky to wear to bed" i.e. lingere...
wink.png

I opened a box to find what certainly were 3 of Mrs. Roper's mumus....
barnie.gif
th.gif
barnie.gif
th.gif

I was all of 20 a comfy polyester mumu was not what I had in mind....
rant.gif

Back
Top Bottom