Wow, how fast they grow! New weekly pics(lots!)page3 7/27

Quote:
83% Hatch rate...NICE!!!!!! Let me know if you have a girl for me when
hide.gif
.....I'll sneak it in the brooder! lol

I'll let you know. I think the one without the spot on it's head is a Black Cooper, which I already have, and the yellow might be a Wheaton. My OE ginger is half Wheaton Marans and looks just like one, so you could probably take both of those. We'll see in a few weeks how they feather out. I'm going to try and handle them as much as possible to make them tamer than my last batch of broody raised chicks. This is not going to be easy, as Sammy pecks my hand when I reach in. I sneak them out when she isn't looking.
jumpy.gif

N&MSchroeder :

I love your chicks!
love.gif
Thanks for sharing! I have a Cuckoo Marans who was my model as a chick. She was very petite, so I named her Cuckoo Chanel after the famous designer Coco Chanel.
big_smile.png
but your Goddess of Love can't be beat!

OMG Cuckoo Chanel! That is absolutely the cutest chicken name I've heard!

I love all your chickies! I can't wait until mine really start getting their feathers in. The 5 that I have now are starting to get little feathers on their wings. It's so cute! I love the weekly picture idea too​

Quote:
83% Hatch rate...NICE!!!!!! Let me know if you have a girl for me when
hide.gif
.....I'll sneak it in the brooder! lol

I'll let you know. I think the one without the spot on it's head is a Black Cooper, which I already have, and the yellow might be a Wheaton. My OE ginger is half Wheaton Marans and looks just like one, so you could probably take both of those. We'll see in a few weeks how they feather out. I'm going to try and handle them as much as possible to make them tamer than my last batch of broody raised chicks. This is not going to be easy, as Sammy pecks my hand when I reach in. I sneak them out when she isn't looking.
jumpy.gif

If I bring 2 more home I maybe sleeping in the coop with them!
lau.gif
, my OE I'm 90% sure has B Cooper in her mix...I would love a Wheton...or the BC...I'm not picky...just want the eggs! lol....I'm sure I can fit 6 in my coop w/o problems once I find out how many roos I have to re-home I'll find out if I can fit boths (since I currently have 7 oooops hehehe )
big_smile.png

Quote:
OMG Cuckoo Chanel! That is absolutely the cutest chicken name I've heard!

I love all your chickies! I can't wait until mine really start getting their feathers in. The 5 that I have now are starting to get little feathers on their wings. It's so cute! I love the weekly picture idea too

Is so cool to see them grow...I think next time around I may put a side by side comp. of the pix last week and then the current ones....should be fun!!!

Ok here we go...

Juno OE 5/6 weeks....she is all fethered in now....and still the boss!

DSCF4761.jpg

DSCF4762.jpg

Athena EE (hmm maybe an Achiles...looking roo'ish) 4 week old...she/he is fighting for "top dog"

DSCF4760.jpg

DSCF4757.jpg

DSCF4758.jpg

Minerva RIR...she has gotten soooo BIG!!! 4 week old

DSCF4741.jpg

DSCF4739.jpg

Her comb looks biger than the other RIR eventhough she is 1.5 weeks younger

DSCF4744.jpg

Thalia EE 4 week old

DSCF4750.jpg

DSCF4755.jpg

Diana 4 week EE...she is getting sooo cute!

DSCF4737.jpg

DSCF4738.jpg

Pandora RIR 5/6 week old

DSCF4745.jpg

DSCF4746.jpg

DSCF4748.jpg

...and the Baby Venus!! 3 week Australorp

DSCF4749.jpg

Around the brooder:

Minerva and Pandora eatting

DSCF4767.jpg

Juno and Athena

DSCF4763.jpg

Pandora and Anthena

DSCF4768.jpg

Minerva and company

DSCF4764.jpg

Quote:
The brooder is working great, but is getting tight in there quick! I may put them out as soon as Venus feathers in a little more. Here is FLA, it shouldn't be a problem.

I love the chickies, they all can't wait for me to open the brooder to jump on me, or my kid, looking for treats. I def have 1 or 2 lap chickens
hide.gif
not sure how that happen! lol

They look great, Juan!

But yeah, Athena most likely a boy - you can tell by the coloring. Don't panic yet on the RIR, though. Give it a few more weeks. The comb doesn't look all that red to me. I'm pretty sure I have two Cuckoo Marans that are pullets (going by feathering rate, which could be completely inacurate, but it's all I've got to go on right now). The white one and possibly the crippled blue one are slow feathering, and the black one is kind of in the middle - so not sure yet on it. I'll keep you posted!

Quote:
Nah, not really freaking out...kinda hoping she is so I can make room for a Marans....although she is a sweet heart!!! Maybe if I have 2 EE pullets I'll give one away or something...we shall see....would be a hard decision!!!!
idunno.gif

Week 4....I took the pics out in the coop/run. I've been taking the girls out as much as possible to get used to the outside weather...I will be leaving them out this weekend!!

Juno OE 6/7 weeks...maybe 8 (I got her at a swap)..she is huge and her comb is getting very pink

DSCF4774.jpg

DSCF4787.jpg

DSCF4790.jpg

Athena EE (def an Achiles...looking extremly roo'ish) 5 week old...you think roo?

DSCF4779.jpg

DSCF4788.jpg

DSCF4800.jpg

Minerva RIR (or more like a production red I think)...she has a very funky tail 5 week old RIR oe Production red?

DSCF4770.jpg

Thalia EE 5 week old feathering too slow ugh!!

DSCF4775.jpg

Diana 5 week EE...she is so cute. Love her colors!!

DSCF4780.jpg

DSCF4777.jpg

Pandora RIR 6/7 week old...still my fav! (is she an RIR or production red?)

DSCF4772.jpg

Baby Venus!! 4 week Australorp

DSCF4802.jpg

DSCF4784.jpg

Around the run:

DSCF4793.jpg

Hungry chickens

DSCF4795.jpg

The reds

DSCF4781.jpg

Hanging under the ladder

DSCF4790-Copy.jpg