sstasiak042

In the Brooder
Apr 6, 2017
Hi all!

I have 5 Wyandotte girls, will be 24 weeks old in 2 days. Only one girl is laying daily, nice perfect eggs. However, there was one day two weeks ago where I collected 5 eggs from the coop! I check 3x daily (mostly to go spend time with the girls) and am wondering if there is anything I can do to encourage my other ladies to lay.

I also have two year old Isa Brown girls that don't lay, but I've kinda given up hope on them. :rolleyes: If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

I would assume the browns are laying somewhere hidden. Otherwise, the dotes are new layers and if they aren't laying in a hidden spot, they will take a bit of time to get into a laying routine.

How do I get them to lay in their boxes like they're supposed to if I can't catch them while they're laying? I have a totally enclosed coop and they free range all day (we are usually working and not home).

Yes, then, I would say they are laying somewhere else. Do you have an enclosed run? I keep my new layers and my POL girls in their run until they are accustomed to their nest boxes and are laying in them consistently. I let them free range for 2 hours before sundown.

Yes, then, I would say they are laying somewhere else. Do you have an enclosed run? I keep my new layers and my POL girls in their run until they are accustomed to their nest boxes and are laying in them consistently. I let them free range for 2 hours before sundown.
I do, but we had to close it off after it we had a coon get in through it and haven't had time to repair it and figure out how to do a door that can open and close. My boyfriend and I aren't very handy. I suppose we'll just have to fix it and go from there. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom