Wyoming Unite!!!!

Pics
Oh wow!!! Coop looks awesome!!! I think the white trim will look great!
Thank you! We had a little, um, miscommunication on the dimensions. I had blended what we each drew into one coop we could both live with. Where I marked 6' x 8', he thought that meant that that's how I wanted the shed roof. So, our coop is 8 feet high in the front dropping to 6 feet in the back. Oh, well, at least I can walk in it without bumping my head!

The hatch started yesterday evening and is continuing today. It is so crowded in there that I can't really count how many have hatched. The good thing is that it is so crowded that there is no egg soccer going on.

There were 47 SFH eggs, 20 Welsummer/SFH cross eggs and 15 Cornish/brahma/SFH cross eggs that made it to lock down.

My best guess is that there are at least 7 Welsummer/SFH and 7 Cornish/Brahma/SFH and 14 SFH chicks hatched so far. I would like to ease the congestion but there are so many eggs pipped and zipping that I am leaving them alone to minimize any possible shrink wrapping.

Hopefully I can start getting them out of the incubator tomorrow.

highfive.gif
cool

Looks like the hatch is over. The cross breed eggs did very well but the SFH eggs only did OK. Sixty total chicks hatched with 28 SFH, 19 Welsummer/SFH crosses and 13 Cornish/Brahma/SFH crosses. Here are some of the chicks.

Swedish Flower Hen chicks

Cornish/Brahma/SFH chicks

Looks like the hatch is over. The cross breed eggs did very well but the SFH eggs only did OK. Sixty total chicks hatched with 28 SFH, 19 Welsummer/SFH crosses and 13 Cornish/Brahma/SFH crosses. Here are some of the chicks.

Swedish Flower Hen chicks

Cornish/Brahma/SFH chicks

Oh, they are so CUTE! Nice job! Makes it almost worth a drive down to your area to see if any of those SFH will jump into my purse unnoticed!

Oh, they are so CUTE! Nice job! Makes it almost worth a drive down to your area to see if any of those SFH will jump into my purse unnoticed!

Come on down, I only plan on keeping a few of them. Maybe there are some others in your area who would also be interested and you all could make a joint trip. The pictures don't do them justice.

Come on down, I only plan on keeping a few of them. Maybe there are some others in your area who would also be interested and you all could make a joint trip. The pictures don't do them justice.
Ooooh, so tempting! Problem is trying to talk hubby into letting me have more chickens before he's recovered from the weeks he's worked to build the coop for the ones we have! LOL

Back
Top Bottom