X-Mas Tree

Quote:
The 1st year we put up a tree with our boxer puppy Emma it was all decorated nicley to the hilt. By New Year all the ornaments had been moved up the tree so she couldnt reach them and it looked like only the top half to the middle of the tree was decorated.
lol.png

I like my tree up until the Christmas season is finished. Because it is up until Jan 6th or soon thereafter, I don't set it up until a couple of weeks before Christmas. My little guy is my helper, and we have a good time.

We started putting our trees up before Thanksgiving this year. My 13 year old protested loudly. But I've been traveling a lot for my job this last quarter and had to get it done or not be decorated at all. And I do LOVE
wee.gif
to decorate for the holidays! I have a 6-foot pencil tree in the kitchen decorated with Starbucks ornaments and ceramic ornaments handmade by my sister-in-law; a 6-foot tree in the dining room decorated with special annual ornaments for the four kids that they will each take with them when they officially leave home (I didn't have ornaments when I left home and it was a sad feeling!); a 10-foot tree in the living room; and the "family" tree in the family room.

The family room tree is the only one that doesn't have decorations on it yet. My daughter is coming home on leave from the Army on Christmas Eve
celebrate.gif
and we will decorate it when she gets here. Yay!!
ya.gif
Our special tradition with that tree is that it contains ornaments collected from all over the place and the kids each get to put the angel on the top every four years on a rotating basis. The angel has the rotation list inside her skirt!
big_smile.png

Probably going up this weekend. If it were up to me I wouldn't bother with a tree. I don't recall reading about lighted pines trees in Bethlehem. I would just put up my nativity scene & forget about the tree, But my DW wants it up, So I drag it out of the basement (Fake) dang thing & she can decorate it.

Back
Top Bottom