Yellow Mass in eye socket

wow, I am interested to see how this turns out. good luck
hugs.gif

Has anyone removed a mass like this? Getting ready to do it myself. Do I push it out in between lid and eye or do I have to lance the swollen area and remove? Will start topical medicines and injections tomorrow, if my feed store has them. If not, I will order from Jeffers. Thanks, Everyone!

Our rooster, Rooty, was in a fight and got this infection. Because of the information I found here on this blog, I just pushed the puss out of one eye that wasn't hard or swollen, yet. I massaged the other eye which is considerably swollen and hard. I will continue to work on it over the next couple of days and work the hardened pus out, little bit by little bit. I have put topical gel on both eyes and will monitor. We used antibiotics but it didn't cure the whole infection. So, glad to know that I can get the pus out. Fair warning...it is a two person job, the chicken won't like it and it is so gross. I would describe it as squishing boiled egg yoke out of the chickens eye. Disgusting, but the rooster looked relieved. thanx Everyone

my hen has this right now ... well, HAD (the yellow mass popped out of her eye socket & it seems like her eye is no longer there since i can't see her eyeball D:
my hen eats/drinks fine & she has been in my house for about a month since i discovered her eye infection.
as a college student with limited funds, i couldn't afford to get her medically treated so the mass in her eye kept growing & it finally popped out tonight.
her other eye is still in tact, but it's been watery, & there would be days where it would stay closed & other days were it would open a bit ... but her other eye is still there.

i came on here to try & figure out what was the yellow mass was because i had no luck a month ago.
i still don't have any idea what it was or what was wrong with my hen, but she is sleeping now & ate a huge dinner:)

Back
Top Bottom