San Diego Chicken meetup and Chat thread

Noooooooo. My daughter's favorite chick, Peep, crowed this morning.

Editing to add: Is any one interested in a 1 1/2 year old hatchery stock Dominique hen? She's a good layer, and excellent forager. She's also noisy. My chickens are up against my house, and I think I'm tired of muttering "That chicken is darn lucky I'm devoted to my pets." She's not a great pet, but she's great for making food and an easy keeper as long as you aren't living within feet of Miss Chatty Pants.

Last edited:
I know you all would love to take one of these beauties home for yourself but alas i only have a couple.
actally i think 3.

please let me know if your interested,you can have them but dont email me if they are to be dinner.
these guys are to friendly and beautiful for the table but holly cow i dont need 4 of them in my flock.
id keep whichever is the last one

have 2 blue and one blue laced red

https://post.craigslist.org/manage/3055421461

I know you all would love to take one of these beauties home for yourself but alas i only have a couple.
actally i think 3.

please let me know if your interested,you can have them but dont email me if they are to be dinner.
these guys are to friendly and beautiful for the table but holly cow i dont need 4 of them in my flock.
id keep whichever is the last one

have 2 blue and one blue laced red

https://post.craigslist.org/manage/3055421461

Here's the correct link: http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/grd/3055421461.html

Last edited:
Just went to the feed store and they had baby chicks in..... I restrained myself and didn't bring any home. I told my husband he should be proud of me, he said no you were practicing self preservation. Just for that I might go buy a few....

Just went to the feed store and they had baby chicks in..... I restrained myself and didn't bring any home. I told my husband he should be proud of me, he said no you were practicing self preservation. Just for that I might go buy a few....

I need to pop into Kahoots today, but I'm afraid... on Fridays they get their chick shipments. I am down to two little lonely souls in the brooder since my farrier picked up his four that I hatched. They look so lost in there. If you're going to raise TWO, why not raise a few more? Sigh.

Here's my two pathetically sad little ones, an Exchequer Leghorn and a Blue Ameraucana. Don't they look like they need more company?
idunno.gif

Last edited:
I need to pop into Kahoots today, but I'm afraid... on Fridays they get their chick shipments. I am down to two little lonely souls in the brooder since my farrier picked up his four that I hatched. They look so lost in there. If you're going to raise TWO, why not raise a few more? Sigh.

Here's my two pathetically sad little ones, an Exchequer Leghorn and a Blue Ameraucana. Don't they look like they need more company?
idunno.gif

Very lonely, they need at least 3 more friends.

Very lonely, they need at least 3 more friends.
I agree. I can see the pleading in their eyes. Mama..... we are sooooo lonely. :) My hubby keeps checking out the chicks in Kahoots and today went and talked to someone at Catt's as they have older ones. He is cracking me up! I thought I was the only one in the family that wanted to be surrounded by chickens!
lau.gif

yuckyuck.gif

I have to put on blinders when I go to buy feed, I don't even walk on the same side of the store as baby turkeys and chicks anymore.
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom