➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

Thinking maybe? I don't knowwwww. The space is about 20-25 sf, and 6 ft tall. it has a large door on the front. I was wondering if the door was too big and also if the wall shared with chickens was a bad idea? I feel like I see people say theres too much chance for disease?
Yes, we have eggs. I am down to 6 hens, but the eggs should be fertile. Did you get moved and settled? Is this the new place?

Be careful with that large a door. Mine rocketed past my head when I lift the lid on the chicken tractor and the front doors on my coops. Gotta keep a tight meshed net around. The dogs will help.

@muddy75 have you considered an air lock double door arrangement on your aviary to keep the birds inside? Like the walk in aviaries at the zoo. Enter first door. Close it. Open second door. Enter the big space.

Yes, we have eggs. I am down to 6 hens, but the eggs should be fertile. Did you get moved and settled? Is this the new place?

Be careful with that large a door. Mine rocketed past my head when I lift the lid on the chicken tractor and the front doors on my coops. Gotta keep a tight meshed net around. The dogs will help.

@muddy75 have you considered an air lock double door arrangement on your aviary to keep the birds inside? Like the walk in aviaries at the zoo. Enter first door. Close it. Open second door. Enter the big space.
THANK YOU!

Im delaying the move until next summer, its gotten SO crazy up here in the rural market for buying a place. Total sellers market, which would be nice to sell our place but its really awful to find a place to go. :-\

Thank you, I am worried about the door too. I think I may make another pen.....

This morning, my incubator started having issues maintaining temperature. It turned out that my humidity trays had sprung a leak and slowly leaked out and evaporated. The changing humidity was driving the temperature fluctuations (they weren't extreme--fluctuated between 99-101 degrees). Also, the humidity was slowly dropping to an unacceptable level. I quickly replaced the leaky humidity trays with new ones however the humidity level the new ones give is 57% about 8% below what the other trays achieved. Eggs are in lockdown with three pipped-- is this change in humidity going to be a problem for them?

Also, my last and first hatch went much faster but had 75% lockdown humidity. The first pip was yesterday evening and it still hasn't starting zipping. There are also some pips that are taking a while to complete. I am concerned about the change in humidity shrinkwrapping or having already shrink-wrapped the eggs since they are taking so long in comparison to my first hatch. I do know that some have lockdown humidity at 50-60%, do those hatches take longer?

Thinking maybe? I don't knowwwww. The space is about 20-25 sf, and 6 ft tall. it has a large door on the front. I was wondering if the door was too big and also if the wall shared with chickens was a bad idea? I feel like I see people say theres too much chance for disease?
Do you chickens have a disease? If not then don't worry about disease.

This morning, my incubator started having issues maintaining temperature. It turned out that my humidity trays had sprung a leak and slowly leaked out and evaporated. The changing humidity was driving the temperature fluctuations (they weren't extreme--fluctuated between 99-101 degrees). Also, the humidity was slowly dropping to an unacceptable level. I quickly replaced the leaky humidity trays with new ones however the humidity level the new ones give is 57% about 8% below what the other trays achieved. Eggs are in lockdown with three pipped-- is this change in humidity going to be a problem for them?

Also, my last and first hatch went much faster but had 75% lockdown humidity. The first pip was yesterday evening and it still hasn't starting zipping. There are also some pips that are taking a while to complete. I am concerned about the change in humidity shrinkwrapping or having already shrink-wrapped the eggs since they are taking so long in comparison to my first hatch. I do know that some have lockdown humidity at 50-60%, do those hatches take longer?
I would not consider your humidity too low...more likely too high.

Is ypur humidity gauge salt tested?

I hatch out at 45% with no issues.

Back
Top Bottom