7 month old americana SICK HELP PLease

apower1010

Hatching
6 Years
Feb 11, 2013
Hello all I am new to chicken raising and I have a sick chicken who is lethargic wont eat or drink and has diarrhea. The diarrhea is clear with some white mucus and green.It has changed it was clear and green but now seems to have some white and a little more solid I started her on cortid yesterday but not sure it is cocci. How would I know if she were egg bound? She has not started laying yet. How would i know if it is bacterial? We checked her over and her food sac is empty and she does not have any mites she looks good and healthy but getting thiner This has been going on for 5 days now We give her electolyes and yogurt, greens and ACV and Diatomaceous earth We have even given her some chinese herbs for the immune system. Today she is the crankiest of all the days doesn't want the medicine or food and is fighting me. She acts dazed and confused and like she is going crazy. She is stable and not falling over, she flys when we try to catch her, just lethargic and one eye stays closed. She pecks around at nothing. Please help I dont know what to treat her for because I cant figure out what is wrong with her.
Thank you

Is she drinking water?

Any possibility of an eye infection? the way she pecks at nothing, she might have trouble seeing.

Try feeding her scrambled eggs. Mix in a bit of fresh garlic.

Look for some posts here explaining a molasses flush. That might be helpful, but you'll have to read what others wrote about it to make sure it's the right thing for your chicken.

Here's what one person wrote about it: "Molasses is a natural blood builder and is full of iron and lots of healing properties."

Back
Top Bottom