Another fun & productive CT chicken gathering! NO processing pics!

Henrietta23

Songster
12 Years
Oct 20, 2007
Eastern CT
This time we met at MoodusNewChick's place where we met some of her family, human and otherwise!
wink.png
Chickens and quail were processed, food was eaten, and quail were shared. Mostly we just had fun hanging out together! Here's "Henry Jones JR" hanging out with some meat chicks:
Alexinthechicktub.jpg

The infamous Sweet Pea checking out Partie the silkie. It only looks scary SP was very good with all the birds!
SweetPeaandPartie.jpg

The baby muscovies they say they're going to process. Yeah, right!
muscooviesatMNCs.jpg
muscoviesatMNCs.jpg

The quail PC brought . I took 4 females and 2 males, my first quail!
Quail1.jpg

I have some cute pics of PC's Drumstick that I will share with his permission!

Mr. Henrietta23 and HJJ worked on MNC's coop. We're still not ready to participate in the processing so we chip in elsewhere.
wink.png

workingonMNCscoop.jpg

Thanks! Happy happy quail. They're inside for now until we can build them a secure little shelther in the garden. I got called in to work tomorrow otherwise I'm sure I'd sit here on the floor with them all day!

Awesome pics!! I love the one of Sweet Pea (of course!). To be sure, Sweet Pea is only good to the birds b/c she's smaller than they are!!
lau.gif

Quote:
~Thanks Turner!
~MNC-Sweet Pea isn't much smaller than those silkies and she's bigger than Tina and co.
lol.png
The chicks and ducklings were out too and she ignored them. It's just the human little ones who had to watch out!

Quote:
~Thanks Turner!
~MNC-Sweet Pea isn't much smaller than those silkies and she's bigger than Tina and co.
lol.png
The chicks and ducklings were out too and she ignored them. It's just the human little ones who had to watch out!

True, true. Sweet Pea was yelled at pretty harshly on our first day of chickens (seems like only yesterday) when she "mouthed" a day old; then Rooben has flogged her at least twice...so I know she has some built in fears. But, it is rather cool to know she's not a chicken killing dog.

Back
Top Bottom