April 2020 Hatch-A-Long! All are welcome!

Pics
Welcome! What colored egg mix do you have? Good luck on your hatch!

I have some pinkish, green, blue, olive colored, regular brown eggs haha.

My hens are a mix of brahma x, black australorpe, a blue ... something, standard cochin, easter eggers, olive eggers, barred rock, bantam cochin (and crosses) blue laced red Wyandotte, buff Orpington, lavender Orpington.

My roosters are barred rock, partridge standard cochin, a bantam cochin mix easter egger and a silkie rooster (who has no idea what he is doing so he is actually now with my 6 week old chicks babysitting haha)

I have some pinkish, green, blue, olive colored, regular brown eggs haha.

My hens are a mix of brahma x, black australorpe, a blue ... something, standard cochin, easter eggers, olive eggers, barred rock, bantam cochin (and crosses) blue laced red Wyandotte, buff Orpington, lavender Orpington.

My roosters are barred rock, partridge standard cochin, a bantam cochin mix easter egger and a silkie rooster (who has no idea what he is doing so he is actually now with my 6 week old chicks babysitting haha)

Sounds like you're going to have a fun mix!! I look forward to your updates!

I may or may not have set another 11 eggs today. 9 under my veloc-a-broody who is a first timer and 3 in my incubator because i was worried she wouldn’t be able to fit them all. 8 salmon faverolles and 3 surprise mixes. I wonder if my husband will notice :oops:

And the addiction begins. lol

Also here’s some cuties from my
4/2 hatch 🐣 #1 is my silver laced polish named pickle who is already getting his feathers so quickly! (That’s his wing in pic #3) and my two super fluff buff silkies. Lady Gaga (pic 2) and peanut butter (pic 3). My daughter named them all. 🤦🏽‍♀️
DA101A1C-6577-4BFC-B092-A08CC35D5E6C.jpeg
BB0B64A4-CB26-4EA4-8000-C43DB21D0766.jpeg
019E5B88-DD07-480C-BCE3-8349ACCCE3B2.jpeg
99FF7190-30D7-4770-ADC1-DDC61489C622.jpeg

OK. I did it. It seems to have been successful. I decided to open up all the ones I did Safety holes on. One of them was already internally pipped and another I could see the beak so I opened it and it started breathing as well. The last one I opened and it appears I was too late and he had passed. So now I just have this one where I can’t find his head and don’t want to break the membrane yet. Pic below. View attachment 2075665
This picture is so cool

Is there ever too early to hear chirps coming from your eggs? I had to open the incubator because the humidity had dropped to low and..... I heard cheeps! So we quickly refilled the water and then stood with ears pressed to the incubator :fl :fl :fl

I mean, how early are we talking? Could there be a songbird outside your window? lol

Back
Top Bottom