Pics
Our friendliest chickens are our two Speckled Sussexes. They come running when we leave the house, follow us around as we do chores, talk to us, and love to be picked up. Our Buff Orpington is second friendliest, followed by Cinnamon Queen, Easter Egger and a beautiful Wyandotte who earned the name Skittles by being skittish and the least friendly.
Awww! Well it looks like another vote for Orpington and I’ll definitely get some Speckled Sussexes :)

Some people have had problems with RIR being bullies. Mine take the stance as top of pecking order but nothing over the top They are sassy but personable and friendly with people but that's just my experience. Jersey giants maybe not cuddling material but friendly and petting material
Hmm alright. I definitely have some editing to do on my future list of possibilities haha! Thanks for the tip :)

Out of all the breeds, whether bantam or LF that I've had/have;
Buff Orpington: Very talkative, attentive, nosy, follows me, in-my-face, lets me touch her;
Barred Rock OR Cuckoo Maran (can't tell): Attentive, nosy, follows me, lets me touch her;
Cream Legbar: Talks a lot, nosy, treat-hound, rarely lets me touch her;
Buff laced Polish: Extremely attached to me, jumps on my lap, lets me pet her, follows me around, very attentive, nosy, etc;
Japanese bantam cockerel: Aloof, doesn't let me touch, follows me, takes treats from hand, VERY talkative, adorable, calls girls for treats, tiny, trusting yet suspicious;
Frizzled Cochin bantam pullets: ADORABLE, fluffy, scared of heights, treat-hungry, follows me around, lets me pet, CUTE!
Old English Game bantam pullet: SUPER CUTE, lets me pick up and CARRY her anywhere without a fuss, jumps onto my lap, attentive, trusting, nosy, etc!

Out of all the breeds, whether bantam or LF that I've had/have;
Buff Orpington: Very talkative, attentive, nosy, follows me, in-my-face, lets me touch her;
Barred Rock OR Cuckoo Maran (can't tell): Attentive, nosy, follows me, lets me touch her;
Cream Legbar: Talks a lot, nosy, treat-hound, rarely lets me touch her;
Buff laced Polish: Extremely attached to me, jumps on my lap, lets me pet her, follows me around, very attentive, nosy, etc;
Japanese bantam cockerel: Aloof, doesn't let me touch, follows me, takes treats from hand, VERY talkative, adorable, calls girls for treats, tiny, trusting yet suspicious;
Frizzled Cochin bantam pullets: ADORABLE, fluffy, scared of heights, treat-hungry, follows me around, lets me pet, CUTE!
Old English Game bantam pullet: SUPER CUTE, lets me pick up and CARRY her anywhere without a fuss, jumps onto my lap, attentive, trusting, nosy, etc!
Aww thank you for this! So detailed! My boyfriend and I have a frizzled cochin too named Pepper. She is a bold, sassy girl. One minute she’ll jump on my shoulder, the next she pecks my teeth lol! But really, thank you! Polish hens are so cute so I’ll definitely look into those too.

Back
Top Bottom