Attacked Chicken Please Help

Apr 26, 2021
My sweet little cockerel Charline, was recently attacked. I flushed the wounds with water as much as I could. Please help there is wounds on his neck head and wing and he is keeping his right eye closed as much as possible and is barely alert.

Attach some pictures of EVERY wound
Describe his well-being and how bad the wounds seem
What do you think attacked him/her?
What are the known predators in your area?
How did the predator get to the chicken?

Oh sorry here are the pics
image.jpg

Sorry wasn’t letting me type. I think a cat tried to get it. It’s ear is cut and was bleeding at the cut on it and below it. Under the wing there was a small cut (I was very surprised that it didn’t hit any major veins. What happened was I went out side to give them a few fresh mealworms and all the other chickens where hiding at the door. And I couldn’t find Charline. He came stumbling out of the hay field and to the side of the coop( that’s what my mom said I was looking under the porch). This was at 7:40 she went inside and I walked over to him. First thing I noticed was all his feathers were all ruffled. I knew he had been attacked so I ran unsaid and told my mom . I grabbed the chicken towels and stuff to flush it and went and grabbed him. I noticed a cut on his neck which was actually on his ear one one his wing and missing feathers on his head. It was very bloody at first then I cleaned it and it got a little better. Here are the pics and sorry I didn’t rely till now our friend who has chickens stopped by and helped a little.
44383BA8-7789-4009-9D22-6DF1C4140405.jpeg
9E5BD614-0D0A-4DAA-847A-F84DD664CBB8.jpeg
8EDFFD17-9717-4D4C-BFA2-9E4EEA880E38.jpeg
A7B56D64-FBCF-473A-9EDA-B9535CA07B31.jpeg
These we’re after a lot of cleaning and stopping blood.

Attach some pictures of EVERY wound
Describe his well-being and how bad the wounds seem
What do you think attacked him/her?
What are the known predators in your area?
How did the predator get to the chicken?
At the beginning I would have said he was a 3/10 now is like a little less then 5

I am pretty sure a cat or possum got him we have lot of stray cats

I live with all kind of predators around me so just about everything

they were free rangeing

Back
Top Bottom