Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by duckyfromoz, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Ashburnham

Ashburnham Chillin' With My Peeps

Nonsense- Buy yourself a book about basic carpentry. It's just a matter of measuring cutting and screwing together. Basic power tools are incredibly cheap these days. You only really need a tape measure, a power drill/screwdriver and a circular saw.

1 person likes this.
  2. appps

appps Overrun With Chickens

Aug 29, 2012
    Australia
    Okay guys just cause I can't bear to watch it lifting its feet up any longer I'm going to treat that' roosters scaley leg mites you guys spotted a while back with some ivermectin I've got here. Apparently it is good for severe cases and this is real bad.

I can treat it but not the hens because of the withholding period and him not laying eggs obviously. Figure if it shows signs of working I might convince owner to go eggless for couple of weeks and treat them all because its easier than coating their feet.

My problem lays in how much would a rooster weigh? He reminds me of a leghorn. Its dosed by weight and I won't be able to weigh him. Going to put it on some bread and feed to him.

Ideas of weight?

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  3. Fancychooklady

Fancychooklady Chicken Obsessed

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    Depends what kind of ivermectin you have , the pour on is 5 ml at the back of the neck. The horse paste is a pea size orally.

4. appps

Aug 29, 2012
    Australia

Its a clear liquid the vet gave us a while back and they said to give orally or on back of neck and think from memory ( it says on the bottle though) .25ml per kg of body weight. So need to estimate body weight for the dose.

My favs at about 5 months were just on a kg so wondering if i just give the .25ml

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  5. Fancychooklady

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    5-7drops for large fowl, seems to be the general consensus .

6. appps

Aug 29, 2012
    Australia
    Okay thanks. Hopefully it will give the poor thing some relief.

7. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    Congrats Sydney on your rir egg :)

1 person likes this.
  8. Fancychooklady

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    1 person likes this.
  9. IamSamSam

IamSamSam Chillin' With My Peeps

Just the one hiding babies from you Satay? Lol you seem to have more usually ! ROFL

Lol my hubby is a city boy who is not handy. But he has a go. I have never had to build anything dad use to do it. But. Look at my pallet coop if you click on my profile then galleries you can see progress shots. Not pretty but solid and keeps them safe.

10. IamSamSam

IamSamSam Chillin' With My Peeps

Grats Sydney.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by