Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Quote:
*Yellow. They are just cute little balls of yellow when they first hatch
big_smile.png
. But yes, all white later hahah!!!
Thanks !!!

( hows it going with you? )
lol good luck with your new venture Luke. I am sure you will be do really well. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a great hatch for you
smile.png

Thanks heaps Satay!! I'm hoping as well.

Finally was able to get a picture of the green dots on my chickens legs.. I have noticed it on 3 of my 6 chickens... Anyone know what this is?????
It could be mould. It kind of looks 'mouldy' to me, but I am by no means a chicken expert - only can go by what I Google and observe with my own chickens ... -- I googled 'Mould on chickens'. Turkeys get a particular type of mould, more than chickens apparently, and it is not contagious, and is not harmful - although all efforts to help remove it from the chickens' legs would be helpful. I would suggest you Google or search BYC for some answers. These great photo's do show something that, if I saw it on - say bread, I would think was definitely mould, as that is what it looks like. Have you got any wet and disintegrating wood in the coop - near the coop ? That can produce mould. I do hope you can find out what it is .... would think an avian Vet would be good with a diagnosis, too. My opinions are only very amateur ..... but -

Last edited:
Anniebee- thanks for the info!!
I will deffinently google it!
They are 15 weeks old and the chicken coop is the same age, so deffinently no mould anywhere! They free range all day so barely in their coop as it is.. Thanks for ur help, hopefully I can post a solution when I get one haha :)

Anniebee- thanks for the info!!
I will deffinently google it!
They are 15 weeks old and the chicken coop is the same age, so deffinently no mould anywhere! They free range all day so barely in their coop as it is.. Thanks for ur help, hopefully I can post a solution when I get one haha :)

It could be bruising or trauma. Try giving them a good wash in warm water and Epsom salts. Fowl pox usually shows up on the comb and face first.

Megans chickens, look up chicken Pox on chickens ( yes chickens get chicken pox too.lol. ).
It might be that, if not I have no idea.
Do they rub off, try washing them off.

Really chicken pox? Haha that's funny!! :)
And nope I haven't tried washing it of as I didn't know if I should or not! But if it is safe to do I will do it tomorrow! If it's chicken pox what do I do then?

Back
Top Bottom