Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Haha they are definately not easy to get. My rooster is the most affectionate chicken you'll ever meet but my pullet is extremely nervous and jumpy. Happy to send you some eggs when I get some if you'd like.
That's a thought. Only trouble is, I'm too much of a softy to cull any problem chicks :oops:

I'd probably do some research into what chooks need nutritionally. They will survive on 'just corn' but it is pretty bad for them - they'll end up with a lot of fat built up internally which can lead to all sorts of health and reproductive issues and you'll get far less eggs than if they were eating a good diet. I've read that corn is kind of like feeding lollies to kids - not too much and not sole source of food! If you need any more info I can try to find you some links!

I meant I add corn to there main feed in winter!! Not on its own!
I breed and exhibit long tailed fowl (Phoenix & Yokohama) and the pellets don't have enough protein for their feathers. I have found a japan diet recipe for Onagadori that I am going to try.

I meant I add corn to there main feed in winter!! Not on its own!
I breed and exhibit long tailed fowl (Phoenix & Yokohama) and the pellets don't have enough protein for their feathers. I have found a japan diet recipe for Onagadori that I am going to try.
Ahhh that is good! I'd be interested to hear about that recipe Jess! You are very close to where I lived in Kiama before we came to France!

@Fancychooklady How are you goign with the fires in Tassie? any near you?
Hiya, yes the fires are very close to us. Spent 10 days and night at the animal evacuation centre caring for evacuees birds, ducks, geese and cats. The choppers are still overhead and landing on our boundary as the fire has been quitened by the rain but is not out.

Hiya, yes the fires are very close to us. Spent 10 days and night at the animal evacuation centre caring for evacuees birds, ducks, geese and cats. The choppers are still overhead and landing on our boundary as the fire has been quitened by the rain but is not out.
So scary - stay safe :hugs

Has anyone sat out a cyclone with chickens? While Oma may not get here [fingers crossed] I'm not confident my present coop would withstand a cyclone. For one thing it's not anchored to the ground. How should I prepare in the event of...?

Back
Top Bottom