Songster
12 Years
Oct 28, 2007
Fernandina Beach Fl.
our new babies
chix1.jpg

chix2.jpg

chix3.jpg

our poor runt baby Crevecoeur (r.i.p.) died just a short while ago..I helped it along since it was suffering badly, couldnt move, would gasp for air once in awhile and was almost ice cold
crev3.jpg

we had to hand feed it with a syringe it was too weak to eat
crev1.jpg

and just before it died
crev2.jpg

my GF was crying her little eyes out, shes so sad, that was her favorite chick
sad.png

it has a sibling thats doing well though
crev4.jpg

we have a silkie that thinks it's a parrot, it climbs up and sits on your shoulder
lol.png
lol.png

silkie1.jpg

silkie2.jpg

silkie3.jpg

i'm waiting for pics to load but noticed first pic looks like cedar bedding. if that is cedar in with them get it out of there ASAP!!! it's toxic to chickens and will kill them!! use pine or hay or straw or paper towels not cedar!! i'll finish looking at the pics in a sec just wanted to make sure u knew that.
silkie

gorgous little cuties!! so sorry ur gf lost her fav. crevs are really beautiful i used to raise black ones and miss haveing them.

if u ever have to hand feed another one again i use pipettes they work better or small eye droppers to avoid getting it into the windpipe. so much easier to get it in their mouth and past the windpipe so they don't choke and also if it gets in that pipe they can die of namonia(sp).

beautiful babies and would love to see more pics as they grow, thanks for shareing and best of luck with ur new babies.
silkie

Beautiful babies! Where did you get them from? And also GOT THEM OFF THOSE CEDAR SHAVINGS....only use pine for brooding chicks. Also wouldnt recomend straw or hay because if they eat that it will get tangled in their intestines.
smile.png

yeh I got them off the cedar yesterday, they were on it for about a day until I read about it being toxic on here. But now they are on alfalfa hay, just a think later of it and they are doing fine. I was going to use pine shaving but i hear thats not good either, I'm running out of bedding options

Sam, I ordered them from Ideal, I cant say enough good things bout them, everything was very smooth and they even managed to get my order bumped up to a month early.

I started building a coop today but i'm having a rough day, first my pitbull came flying around the side of the house full speed and i was facing away from her around the corner and she hit me right in the back of the legs, sending me flying onto my side, landed on my arm and pulled my tricep
roll.png

then when i was framing the coop I wasnt paying attention and started driving a nail into a knot in the wood, got it 1/2 in and the nail started to bed so i went to pull it and it was stuck in tight so I decide to hook the hammer onto it and give the hammer a little kick and when I did the handle snapped off the hammer
roll.png
thats when i decided it was time to come inside, take a nap and regroup
lol.png

Last edited:
I was wondering where you got them from because those are some really Dark RIR chicks.
Congrats and good luck with them
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom