Bad News to Bear... :(

aduckstolemyheart

Songster
9 Years
Mar 23, 2010
Missouri
I know this is technically the duck forum but so many of you have been fond of my kitty/duck buddies, that I thought I should tell everyone the bad news. Today a neighbor hit and killed my beloved cat, Monkey.
sad.png
The cat/duck duo is no more. I'm so upset I hardly know what to do. Thought you all should know...

RIP Monkey

mandd1.jpg

monkey3.jpg

Last edited:
I know! I was really looking forward to getting some more pics of the two of them together.
sad.png
I know he will be missed, by human and duck alike. It never gets easier to lose a pet.

I'm so so sorry!
hugs.gif

This is why i dont let my kitties outside.. i'm so scared that they'll get hit and killed..
sad.png

When we first got him we lived in the middle of the country 5 miles from the main road and only one neighbor within 2 miles of the house. My husband was laid off and we were forced to move to the city. We still have 3 acres but a main road on one side. We tried keeping him in, but after growing up in a safe outside environment, that was just impossible.
sad.png
I think I may have to lock our remaining cat in a bedroom whenever the door opens so we don't have to worry about him too.

Im so so sad, and wish I could take us all back to the country and give my Monk-Monk a fighting chance. If only one could really do that...

So sorry to hear your sweet Monkey is gone.
We are so blessed with the precious time we have with them, but the more we love them the harder it hurts when they pass.
hugs.gif

I just lost the most favorite cat of my life about a month ago and am still crying occasionally, but I can tell you it does start to get better as time passes.

So sorry for your loss
hugs.gif

It's always a big bummer to lose one of the family. The one way I figure, though is that if they are happy being outside and can reasonably do so, it's better to risk than to have a miserable and sad indoor kitty. Still doesn't make it feel any better.

That is so sad to hear. All I can say remember all the good moments and the good life your cat had. I'm sure your cat will find a wonderful place in heaven. That is how I like to think about all my pets that have past. I know they enjoyed every moment of their life. Give your duck a big hug from me.

Back
Top Bottom