Be honest, how often do you...

I only check once, after work! I let them out at 6:30am and don't return home til about 5:30pm so that's when I go out and find the eggs!!
yippiechickie.gif

Quote:
I check mine twice a day, two lay early, two lay later, and the pullets lay at all kinds of crazy times so there's no way to predict it yet!

I can tell who lays each egg on the older hens, Two Golden Comets, each lay large brown eggs, Flora's is darker and larger than George's. There there's a peachy colored one from a whitish colored Ameracauna Muffin, it's very roundish and a little small, and the dark chocolatey brown Ameracauna Chica, lays a long narrow very pale barely bluish egg.

The pullets eggs are all changing and there's no way to tell who's is who's yet.

I check wayyyyyyy more often then I should. I always think well maybe there will be one.........then the kids get home from school they wonder who collected all the eggs!
rant.gif

I smile and say daddy did it!
tongue2.gif

I have an inverted bucket with a pillow on it ...every morning I sit on it in a quiet corner of the darkened coop ...sippin' my coffee
cool.png
..as I am watching and learning the ways of my newly laying hens...I love the sounds and the little expressions they make during the laying process. I then go out every couple of hours, during the day now, to see what kind of progress they are making ...out of 21 hens I am now up to 6-7 eggs a day....
clap.gif

I just poured a glass of wine...think I will go sit a spell and watch them till it is time to fix supper....yeah....sounds like a good idea! cya !

once a day on weekdays --- evenings when i let them out for a little free range action

twice a day on weekends --- afternoon and evening

Back
Top Bottom