Best Egg Layer Award!

Who do you think are the best egg layers?

• Total voters

CloneFly

Never say Never
Premium Feather Member
Mar 8, 2022
Who do you think deserve the Best Egg Layer Award? I've listed some of the more well known breeds and would love to hear your input and personal experience! I'm considering expanding my flock in the spring and am looking for super layers. Top 5 make the pick 😝

77ju6e.gif

Last edited:
As far as overall egg production and quality White Leghorns are easily the top.
For brown egg production, the commercial layers Red Stars, ISA Browns etc would be the best.
My pick for noncommercial brown egg layer, I’m going to say that New Hampshires are the best kept secret in the chicken world. They may not lay quite as many as a RIR but they lay consistent and large good quality eggs, even through the winter, though naturally they do slow down during that time.

My best egglayer has been a Black Sex link! She missed very few egg laying days, about every day she laid.

Of course, she screamed her lungs out making me CARRY her (even in snow) to a shed in our yard that had a nice cozy chair in it, thats where she lays eggs at. We brought the chair in the coop but obviously thats a ridiculous idea, the chair must stay in the shed!

My best egglayer has been a Black Sex link! She missed very few egg laying days, about every day she laid.

Of course, she screamed her lungs out making me CARRY her (even in snow) to a shed in our yard that had a nice cozy chair in it, thats where she lays eggs at. We brought the chair in the coop but obviously thats a ridiculous idea, the chair must stay in the shed!
My 2 sexlinks are my best layers too by far! One of my girls will violently peck at me until I hold her. They're such personalities!

Back
Top Bottom