Best rooster breed poll

Game fowl roosters are among the least human aggressive, great flock protectors and easy on the eye. Drawback - generally extremely rooster aggressive.
Thank you.
He is Barred Rock crossed with the huge Dixie Rainbow.
Thank you.
He is Barred Rock crossed with the huge Dixie Rainbow.
Thank you for telling me about the Dixie Rainbow I had no idea about them I went do some research and apparently I was not in alone boat! How is your Dixie rainbow are they a a good breed?

How is your Dixie rainbow are they a a good breed?

I love them.
I don't see anyone selling them anymore.
I am ordering a scale because I swear Big Mama feels like she must weigh almost 15 pounds.

bigmama1216.jpg

I totally forgot about salmon favorolle they are beautiful! Sumatra now that is an intriguing one! You can only have one roo though right?

Yes, I only keep one roo, unless I am growing out a new one or got packing peanuts or hatchlings. I had the Uggo and Sumatra in separate coops, but they didn't bother each other when freeranging. My sumatra is really a super nice roo but he's 7 and getting up there.... I hatched some of his offspring this year with my mixed flock, we'll see how his boys turn out. I will probably keep one out. If there are no acceptable roos - I'll get another Faverolle flock or some more sumatra roos. I have had a few other long tale roos and they were not bad natured, which surprised me.

Yes, I only keep one roo, unless I am growing out a new one or got packing peanuts or hatchlings. I had the Uggo and Sumatra in separate coops, but they didn't bother each other when freeranging. My sumatra is really a super nice roo but he's 7 and getting up there.... I hatched some of his offspring this year with my mixed flock, we'll see how his boys turn out. I will probably keep one out. If there are no acceptable roos - I'll get another Faverolle flock or some more sumatra roos. I have had a few other long tale roos and they were not bad natured, which surprised me.
That is awesome! Thank you for the info.

I love Brahmas how are they with other chickens and are they noisy?
They're a docile breed, both with the flock and with humans. As far as noise.... just normal chicken noises. The hens sing their egg song and the boys crow. I would recommend them to anyone, this includes either the bantam or standard size.

Back
Top Bottom