BLUE SWEDE MAKING CHANGES,HEALTHY OR NOT?

Luelromun

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 21, 2013
My blue swede Ellie is 1 yr old,she was laying the green then the blue eggs! She has had issues with prolapsed uterus and egg bound in the past,vet treated her,removed eggs from her etc. Now that she has been doing well for over 5months,Ellie has stopped laying altogether and her bill has turned from the normal yellowish color to green! I am not sure if it is hormonal,that she isn't laying anymore as she started laying at 6 months and layed all through the winter everyday! She is losing feathers but I can see the winter ones coming in,the other ducks are too,she seems very healthy,running from me and plays with my Lab! Is this normal to stop laying now? And what is up with the green/freckled beak? Any HELP is appreciated!! Thanks

My blue swede Ellie is 1 yr old,she was laying the green then the blue eggs! She has had issues with prolapsed uterus and egg bound in the past,vet treated her,removed eggs from her etc. Now that she has been doing well for over 5months,Ellie has stopped laying altogether and her bill has turned from the normal yellowish color to green! I am not sure if it is hormonal,that she isn't laying anymore as she started laying at 6 months and layed all through the winter everyday! She is losing feathers but I can see the winter ones coming in,the other ducks are too,she seems very healthy,running from me and plays with my Lab! Is this normal to stop laying now? And what is up with the green/freckled beak? Any HELP is appreciated!! Thanks
Since I don't have Swedes I'll not guess on your questions other than to say my Muscovy's are molting and through for the year, but here is the Swedish duck thread and I'm sure someone here can give you accurate answers https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/583576/swedish-duck-thread/490

Thank you Miss Lydia! I didn't find much to go on,so I guess we will have to keep an eye on her!
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom