Pics
Every good breeder here has a health guarantee because they health test their dogs.
I haven’t read through you link because its too confusing 😅. I personally would not go with a breeder that guarantees health, unless its a you are buying a healthy puppy guarantee because a lot of health tests can’t guarantee the dog will be healthy, so what is the breeder going to do if the dog isn’t? If its a genetic thing that 100% they can’t get, then if the dog gets it either they lied about about the parents or the health tests, everything else is out of the breeders control so it would be odd to me to guarantee it

I haven’t read through you link because its too confusing 😅. I personally would not go with a breeder that guarantees health, unless its a you are buying a healthy puppy guarantee because a lot of health tests can’t guarantee the dog will be healthy, so what is the breeder going to do if the dog isn’t? If its a genetic thing that 100% they can’t get, then if the dog gets it either they lied about about the parents or the health tests, everything else is out of the breeders control so it would be odd to me to guarantee it
Well then you would have to buy from a BYB or shitty breeder here because all of the show ones guarantee it. And they stand by it. They will take the dog back or refund your money if it develops an issue. To me, it’s really weird to NOT guarantee it and I would never buy from someone who didn’t :confused: but I guess it depends where you’re from because I know other countries don’t do this or even health test but here it’s in every contract.

Well then you would have to buy from a BYB or shitty breeder here because all of the show ones guarantee it. And they stand by it. They will take the dog back or refund your money if it develops an issue. To me, it’s really weird to NOT guarantee it and I would never buy from someone who didn’t :confused: but I guess it depends where you’re from because I know other countries don’t do this or even health test but here it’s in every contract.
What is a good breeder definitely is not as black and white as some people make it 😆, what is common for breeders to do seems to change depending on what country you are in

to me its very weird to guarantee the health of an animal

What is a good breeder definitely is not as black and white as some people make it 😆, what is common for breeders to do seems to change depending on what country you are in

to me its very weird to guarantee the health of an animal
Yeah it does seem to depend on the country. For me, I’d never buy from someone that didn’t health test and/or guarantee health

I agree with this

What can be tested for, can be guaranteed. For tests that require testing each time a litter is planned can be guaranteed for every litter separately. You cannot guarantee anything outside of that
A lot of them will guarantee hips and stuff for a year or 3-5 or whatever

A lot of them will guarantee hips and stuff for a year or 3-5 or whatever

In the offspring? I'll agree with Spot here, that's weird. You can guarantee that the parents are clear, but not beyond that. Just a much higher chance you'll get a healthy dog. But that is not a guarantee

Back
Top Bottom