Boswellia for ducks

Dec 19, 2023
Has anyone used Boswellia for ducks? I am trying to find dosage. I have seen a few sites mention it to help pain and inflammation. I have a duck who is limping. I have thought about ibuprofen but prefer a more holistic route first. I have used Boswellia with good results for my dog.

Has anyone used Boswellia for ducks? I am trying to find dosage. I have seen a few sites mention it to help pain and inflammation. I have a duck who is limping. I have thought about ibuprofen but prefer a more holistic route first. I have used Boswellia with good results for my dog.
Do you know why your duck is limping? Have you picked her up and examined her foot closely to see if there are any external injuries? Or if there are any swellings on her foot?

Do you know why your duck is limping? Have you picked her up and examined her foot closely to see if there are any external injuries? Or if there are any swellings on her foot?
No external injuries. Everything feels ok and no swelling. I did a few epsom salt soaks in case she was getting bumblefoot started. But feet look clean and free of injury.

Also she is swimming fine, eating and drinking well. She is a Pekin so she’s kind of heavy.
How old is she and have you given her niacin which is very important for ducklings as they grow especially Pekins since they grow so fast which can cause lameness from niacin deficiency Even if she is now an adult she may still need niacin Pekins seems to need to be on it all their lives. The best treatment for a niacin deficiency and we'll just say this is what it is since she hasn't bumble or an injury? Is to treat with Liquid B Complex TSC usually has it and it is the best for getting them over a niacin deficiency and can even be a support while they are recovering from a leg injury. We take a small amount of treat put 1 ml over it and feed this just to the duck that is having issues. It's best not to put into water because it dilutes it too much. IMG_2678 2.jpeg

I don’t believe this is a niacin deficiency. She is definitely favoring this foot/leg. I imagine she has injured her leg somehow, but no external injuries. Perhaps when mating with our large Pekin drake. I will likely start with some small doses of Boswelia and see how it goes. Thanks all.

I don’t believe this is a niacin deficiency. She is definitely favoring this foot/leg. I imagine she has injured her leg somehow, but no external injuries. Perhaps when mating with our large Pekin drake. I will likely start with some small doses of Boswelia and see how it goes. Thanks all.
I use the herb comfrey (Symphytum officinale) for injuries like this (with my kids, pets, and now ducks), with great results. I'm interested in how the Boswelia works for you. Please keep this thread updated. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom