Breeding for egg color in this case blue or blue with speckles.

windyridgefarm

Songster
13 Years
Dec 10, 2009
Granville, MA
I saw some interesting and related information in several of the topics on here but thought it would be best to start a new thread. I know many breeders are devoted to auraucaunas, ameracaunas and the breed standards for improveing the chicken. I would like to know if anyone is working on developing the best blue egg colors. I am a plant breeder and love the blue eggs so I thought this could be a nice hobby. Not neccesarily for show but for my own enjoyment. To share with other who also find it interesting. I have aquired some chickens to start with but thought it would be good to see if there was someone out there with some good genetics to start the game with. So if you know of someone who has particularly nice egg color in their flock please let me know. I have some nice speckled egg layers I would love to experiment with. Remember getting there is half the fun. Randy

Last edited:
Blue eggs with speckles? I've never seen those but they sound like beautiful eggs! I'd love a hen that lays blue, speckeled eggs!

Back
Top Bottom