Broody Nora's New Babies! Pics! ~ ~NEW pics post #43~~

pretty chicks! i love broody hens... such good mommies
smile.png
hugs.gif
love.gif

She took them all over the place today! We needed to herd them back to the pen so they could drink and rest. Here are a few pics. This Barred Rock baby of Fern's is not so clear on sex as they usually are. It's light like a cockerel, but is fairly small in size, with some dark on the legs (though not much) and has a very small headspot with no actual frosting band across the back of the head, unless it's just not distinct enough for my bad eyes. I'm leaning toward cockerel, though.

June's baby is a bruiser! We've named Riley's baby Bandit because of the little stripey mask around her eyes. Meg's son, Roosevelt, was fascinated by the babies. He kept trying to figure out how to get to them. Nora would put the hurt on him if he did, though.

DCP_5576.jpg

DCP_5574.jpg

DCP_5575.jpg

DCP_5578.jpg

DCP_5580.jpg

Roosevelt's legs are as large as any of my adult Orp hens already, even at 10 weeks old. He wanted to get to those babies in the worst way.

Riley's baby (2nd pic on left) is so brave, completely fearless. She hops into our hands and is the first to investigate anything.

Updating pics of two of the three babies with Nora. No pic of the pure BR cockerel, who likes to hang back, but Chipper, June's baby, and Bandit, Riley's baby seem to be both male as well. Both have pink in their combs, though it's hard to see in the pictures. They are three weeks old today. Now, I have to decide which one to keep, if any of them. May keep Chipper since he is so unusual.

Bandit, Delaware x Barred EE (BR x blue Ameraucana)

DCP_5734.jpg

DCP_5739.jpg

DCP_5737.jpg

Chipper, named for his appearance, Delaware x EE

DCP_5745.jpg

DCP_5744.jpg

DCP_5743.jpg

DCP_5742.jpg

Back
Top Bottom