Can someone help me figure out what’s wrong with my chicken?

Ry27

In the Brooder
Mar 2, 2024
I just bought my newest chickens Raven & Oreo both seramas, not sure of their ages but I’m worried that Oreo may have Merriks or something else. She has droopy wings, she’s loosing her balance, if I pick her up then put her back down she will just sit or lay down, and she can’t balance on my smaller roost(but all of the others can.) Does this sound like anything familiar pictures if needed

Attachments

• IMG_2100.png
    IMG_2100.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2098.png
    IMG_2098.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2096.png
    IMG_2096.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2093.png
    IMG_2093.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2092.jpeg
    IMG_2092.jpeg
    286.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2091.jpeg
    IMG_2091.jpeg
    533.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2089.jpeg
    IMG_2089.jpeg
    555.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2088.jpeg
    IMG_2088.jpeg
    501.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
That leg out front can be consistent with Mareks unfortunately. Is she thin? How sharp is her breast bone? Being weak can sometimes present as Mareks.

I would keep this one isolated, and try giving some oral vitamins. The stress of going to a new home can sometimes bring out Mareks. How old is she?

my mother told me to look at her feet and when I was touching them one of them was very sore. She kept pulling it away from my hand and that is the foot she does not want really want to put weight. Got a photo of her standing and eating

Attachments

• IMG_2120.jpeg
    IMG_2120.jpeg
    607.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2121.jpeg
    IMG_2121.jpeg
    658.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Welcome to BYC. I hope it is not Mareks, but just an injury or dehydration from being moved and transported. Time will tell. Make sure that she can get enough to eat and drink. Is there any green bruising, swelling on the foot and leg, or curling under of the toes?Human vitamin E 400 IU, a little egg for selenium, and 1/4 tablet of B complex may help.

Welcome to BYC. I hope it is not Mareks, but just an injury or dehydration from being moved and transported. Time will tell. Make sure that she can get enough to eat and drink. Is there any green bruising, swelling on the foot and leg, or curling under of the toes?Human vitamin E 400 IU, a little egg for selenium, and 1/4 tablet of B complex may help.
There was no signs that I saw. But what is the curling toes? Can you put a picture so I can see?

Last edited:
Also if it is Mareks how would I treat it if she passed because I only have one coop and I’m not sure how to get rid of it because there are so many explanations on google

There was no signs that I saw but what is the curling under the toes? Can you put a picture so I can see?
Hate to say it but curling toes was the first symptom I noticed in my old gal marshmallow😔. Keep doing your best she might pull through❤

Back
Top Bottom