Chicken Breed Focus - Appenzeller Spitzhauben

Pics
Iv seen some very nice spitzhauben on here...im looking for some golden and blue chicks i live in delaware so i would need them shipped

Sorry im looking for golden and blue spitz

Yes, my quote was a continuation of my earlier posts, not directed at you. You might try the rare breeds facebook page or the buy/sell/trade, or ebay for eggs. There may be breeders in Delaware but people don't seem to advertise much and I did not see any at the Delmarva Poultry Fanciers Show, neither for show or sale.

I have on the rare breed for 2 months now still nothing there very hard to find in usa the golden and blues are...thank u very much tho

Here are my 13 wk old spitzes
View attachment 1031443 View attachment 1031444

A close up of the male.
View attachment 1031448

I am surprised by her crest, considering Cackle claims to be working diligently to get them back to a proper crest. It looks like a Polish.

The girl almost looks to have a masculine tail growing in....whats up with that??

The boy is looking good.

I have heard it called a cushion tail. One of my bantam rock hens is like that. It looks like a cochin's rump.

I am surprised by her crest, considering Cackle claims to be working diligently to get them back to a proper crest. It looks like a Polish.

I have heard it called a cushion tail. One of my bantam rock hens is like that. It looks like a cochin's rump.

Yes, I'm happier with the male's appearance than the female's. I didn't think the tail looked too bad, but I really prefer a tighter mohawk like "Spitzie" had. At least her bushy crest doesn't fall down into her eyes. I'll try to get a better pic to see if it was just a strange angle or if it's her tail that is strange.

I held on to another younger female(? still hoping, but so far she looks like a female). i'll get a pic of that one too. Her crest is very tall. She's 7.5 weeks now but still with her adopted broody. (Guess my broody is a "smother" hen. LOL)

Back
Top Bottom