Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya but that's about all that's gonna be consistent with them.
You're gonna get a huge mix of things because youre crossing extended black/wheaten to extended black/wheaten and also both birds have one copy of Columbian.
Then throw in hetro mahogany and dilute genes.
Too many mixed genes for anything consistent yet.
I'd bet you could hatch a few dozen chicks and be lucky to get a handful that were the same.
The diluter genes actually seem to be less, since the extended black is at play.

I bet all of the chicks I hatch from my pair will all be the same pattern when grown up.

Seems so.
It's not the wheaten that's dominate but the Columbian gene thats mostly responsible for their look.
The only thing that one copy of the Colombian gene is doing is causing an extension of the buff, on the breasts just like in Red Crele.

Always best to read the begining of a thread before responding to it.

Hello chicken peoples, I would like to hear your breeding projects for 2020?

Here's a couple projects I'll be working on, and/or continuing.
My 2020, Breeding Projects:
#1. Wheaten Crele Orpingtons
#2. Non-Fighting Muff GameFowl

My Future Breeding Projects:
#1. Crele Silkies
#2. Rainbow Laying Silkies
#3. Calico Silkies
#4. Improved Partridge Silkies
#5. Removing White From Dominate White Silkies
#6. Calico Orpingtons
#7. LF D'Uccles (Thought it would be awesome)
#8. New Silkie Color Mutations

Disclaimer
Be sure to treat everybody equally, no disrespect, or bullying will be tolerated.
Remember just have fun sharing your ideas for next year? Important to remember, we're all friends here to help each other?

Have fun, & have fun with each other is all I'm trying to say.
Questions are encouraged.

Seems so.
It's not the wheaten that's dominate but the Columbian gene thats mostly responsible for their look.
Yes, I'll be working to breed out the Barred Rock genes since they're only 20%.

I'm comparing, which would be the better answer.
I agree with @The Moonshiner. Wheaten x black produces black offspring that range from entirely black to black with some red leakage. The pattern you're seeing in the first generation is all due to buff, which is different from wheaten, even if it has a wheaten base.

I agree with @The Moonshiner. Wheaten x black produces black offspring that range from entirely black to black with some red leakage. The pattern you're seeing in the first generation is all due to buff, which is different from wheaten, even if it has a wheaten base.
Buff: E^Wh/E^Wh, Co/Co, Mh/Mh, Db/Db, Di/Di.

Buff is Wheaten based.

Here's a paragraph on Wheaten in the article I posted the link to.
Capture+_2020-01-21-09-47-01.png

Buff: E^Wh/E^Wh, Co/Co, Mh/Mh, Db/Db, Di/Di.

Buff is Wheaten based.
I know. I wrote that in my post. However, just between buff has a wheaten base, it does not mean they are the same. Your post said that you were using this particular cross of wheaten x barred to get crele results in fewer generations. But, all the color you're seeing on your F1 generation is all due to buff, not wheaten.

I know. I wrote that in my post. However, just between buff has a wheaten base, it does not mean they are the same. Your post said that you were using this particular cross of wheaten x barred to get crele results in fewer generations. But, all the color you're seeing on your F1 generation is all due to buff, not wheaten.
Wheaten is orange in color correct? And buff is more of a light creamy off-Orange color?
Mine show alot of the orange produced though the Wheaten portion of the buff genes.
In females wheaten shows lighter in color, & less showy then males.
My f2 offspring should have better more orange color of Wheaten like my Cockerel, & more lighter like my pullet.
My Cockerel.
1115191537.jpg
1115191538.jpg
He also has quite a few solid red/Mohagany colored feathers which needs to be corrected since they lack barring.

Wheaten is orange in color correct? And buff is more of a light creamy off-Orange color?
Mine show alot of the orange produced though the Wheaten portion of the buff genes.
In females wheaten shows lighter in color, & less showy then males.
My f2 offspring should have better more orange color of Wheaten like my Cockerel, & more lighter like my pullet.
My Cockerel.View attachment 2007842View attachment 2007843He also has quite a few solid red/Mohagany colored feathers which needs to be corrected since they lack barring.
I am aware of the coloring of wheaten hens.
You're saying that because the color is slightly darker, it's definitely wheaten instead of buff...? That isn't much of an argument. This is just due to being crossed to black. Extended black tends to darken gold patterns from what I've seen.

I am aware of the coloring of wheaten hens.
You're saying that because the color is slightly darker, it's definitely wheaten instead of buff...? That isn't much of an argument. This is just due to being crossed to black. Extended black tends to darken gold patterns from what I've seen.
The main purpose that I'm using the extended black is for better barring patterns. This solid Cockerel has alot of orange, but won't be used since he has no barring. He's gonna be culled.
1212191450.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom