Lv2021kwr

In the Brooder
Sep 13, 2021
AC1C96DA-D8D4-4377-95DE-6EC744D9E3F8.png
Hi guys my broody came off their nest today and I saw through a camera a little crack on one of the eggs is it a pop or a smash?? It’s day 21
It’s the egg that is closest to the broody

Yay how long after the pip will she come out?? There’s now a big whole in there and I don’t want it to dry out

It has a massive hole and the broody pecked at it and now there is blood is it okay???

It has a massive hole and the broody pecked at it and now there is blood is it okay???
Lots of blood? A little may be ok, but if you're worried and have styptic powder nearby to staunch the bleeding, you can apply it with a q-tip.

You can make your own with corn starch and baking soda.

Lots of blood? A little may be ok, but if you're worried and have styptic powder nearby to staunch the bleeding, you can apply it with a q-tip.

You can make your own with corn starch and baking soda.
There was a little but not too much I’m worried about the broody pecking at her and making it worse. Should I leave it under her overnight?

There was a little but not too much I’m worried about the broody pecking at her and making it worse. Should I leave it under her overnight?
The membrane still had veins in it so she’s not ready to hatch and still needs to absorb it

Broodies do sometimes try to help things along... Has she reared chicks before? Maybe just keep an eye on her for now. I wouldn't really consider that agression towards the chick, though I only have one broody and have never had one injure chicks.

Broodies do sometimes try to help things along... Has she reared chicks before? Maybe just keep an eye on her for now. I wouldn't really consider that agression towards the chick, though I only have one broody and have never had one injure chicks.
It’s her first time

Back
Top Bottom