Chinese New Year Hatch/February 3 2011

Eek! I just checked my chart because I realized I must be close to locking down my CNY hatch and my new babies have distracted me from filling out the charts. Lockdown is tomorrow!

Roll on CNY, I can't wait to welcome new fuzzy butts to the world.
lol.png

Quote:
So cute! Congrats!
How do you like that brooder? I don't care for mine much with bantams. They are too little for about the first week or two and can't get close enough to it. I put a small long dish upside down under it to get them closer, but they still seem a little cool. Standard sized chicks do great though!

RBF, yay on the hatch
ya.gif

Bhep, go chickies!!!
ya.gif

Well, I had 12 hatch in the last couple days. Wed/Thurs. 3 left in the bator that aren't doin anything. Gonna give em a few more days, then clean em out, clean the bator, and load some of mine from the F1 Olive Egger pen, and a few polish eggs too. Got a couple SLW as well, now that I got a my lil Bo a boyfriend
big_smile.png

Here's the chickies! 2 Rock/Marans, 4 BW Ameraucanas, and 5 OE's. One lil brownish Marans cross chick is from my flock (scuse the mess!)
62442_picture_009.jpg

Was a wierd day here yesterday... woke up, checked on everyone, only to find my beloved Delaware roo, Big Guy, had somehow debeaked himself
hit.gif
Dunno how he did it. Looked all in the run and coop and no sign of anything
hu.gif
I had hoped to show him some, even just at local small shows but I guess now he'll never get to be seen. I hope it heals alright and grows back. Poor BigGuy
hit.gif

62442_picture_011.jpg

Snowhunter: Super cute chicks, congrats on the hatch! And sorry about your roo's beak. I hope he heals up. I don't think it looks too bad, just watch to make sure he can still pick up food good. I had a rescue hen that someone debeaked and we had to file the bottom beak a little to help even it up so she could pick up crumbles. Her's looked way worse than your guys. It stinks that you can't show him, especially since you did not debeak him and it was a natural accident.
hmm.png

Just a quick Hello.
Not much going on here.
Amazed at how fast time is going by.
Have had three wonderful days of sun so spent as much time in the barn as I could.
Only problem with that is I hurt everywhere
Cannot seem to find a ablance.
The barn and coops are wonderful, clean bedding, clean everything...
smile.png

The house however went to pot............
Putting three of my 1/2 english 8 month old orp roo's for sale this weekend.
Need to get them gone but hate messing with the ads and time it takes to sell.
I swear, people come out and then do not want to leave..
Need to put a time limit on them.........LOL.
Hope all is well with everyone..........

Quote:
Don't worry... Your roos beak will grow back just fine... I had a hen do that last year.. Looks like he just pecked at something and it chipped...
smile.png

Goddess
jumpy.gif

Ok now for a technical question. Do you all lockdown at the start of day 18 or the end of day 18. I am just curious???

Back
Top Bottom